Found the same room at a different price? Tell us, and we'll offer to match it.
Special Offers - Blenheim Lodge
|4||AA Assessed Guest House||Ratings explained|
Nestling snugly into hillside acres of fields and woodlands, our secluded B&B is a tranquil retreat. Just a 5-minute walk from our guesthouse is Bowness town centre and Lake Windermere, where visitors can catch cruises on the Lake. From our B&B, it is a minute’s stroll to the countryside behind our house which opens up to numerous pretty walks, including The Dales Way, and 4 viewpoints.
Blenheim Lodge offers a homely comfortable base for guests to relax: handmade beds for rejuvenating sleep; tasty quality local produce; on-site private car park, and FREE WIFI. FREE country club membership and 2 FREE fishing permits are available to guests on a first come first served basis.
Quoted below is what one of our guests said in his REVIEW ON TRIPADVISOR:
** 'Nothing, and l do mean nothing, is too much trouble for Janz and Robert Duncan, from adding an extra guest (our daughter) to sorting out a romantic sailing yacht and evening meal served on board. The Lodge wraps itself around you like a favourite cardigan, welcoming you with its warmth and comfort, from the cosy lounge to the elegant breakfast room and on up to the luxurious bedrooms with those views! Choosing from the extensive breakfast menu is a delight and the local food is cooked and served to perfection.
The Lodge is steeped in a tranquil air that takes all the cares from you the moment you arrive. Just a matter of yards from the rear of the Lodge is a wooded walk where we encountered deer grazing in the evening, and views that make you proud to live in England. FOR THE MOST COMPLETE, WELCOMING AND UTTERLY DELIGHTFUL STAY YOU CANNOT FIND A BETTER HOST AND HOSTESS THAN ROBERT AND JANZ DUNCAN. We are regular visitors to the Lakes: Keswick, Ambleside, Coniston, etc. This Lodge cannot be bettered.
Make sure you know that like many places in the hills it is a steep gradient to the Lodge but GOOD access to all areas, and a good sized marked car park with an easily worked parking system in place. So close to town and steamers etc. but you have to face the short sharp climb up back. Free country club membership for extra value.' **
Our family AA 4-star guesthouse in Bowness-on-Windermere is ideal for singles, couples, and families. FREE ROOM UPGRADES TO A ROOM OF THE NEXT PRICE RANGE UP IS ALWAYS OFFERED TO OUR GUESTS, SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY ON ARRIVAL. Please ask for details.
• Built as a gentleman’s residence in 1868, our Bowness guesthouse is hidden at the end of a hilltop residential cul-de-sac, a mere 5-minute walk from town but happily distanced from noisy main road traffic, crowds and late night revellers. However, our back garden adjoins National Trust acres, and The Dales Way is a literal minute’s stroll from our door. In fact, Blenheim Lodge is the first guesthouse off The Dales Way in Bowness-on-Windermere, making our B&B a convenient stopping point for walkers. Amble country paths behind our house to viewpoints with exceptional 360-degree views.
• ENJOY THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS: COMBINE YOUR STAY IN PRETTY B&B ROOMS WITH STUNNING LAKE AND FELL VIEWS WITH THE CONVENIENCE OF A 5-MINUTE WALK TO TOWN CENTRE AMENITIES, ATTRACTIONS, AND LAKE WINDERMERE.
• Blenheim Lodge retains much of its quirky Victorian character and period charm. Rooms are decorated with Laura Ashley colours and bespoke soft furnishings, and most are furnished with antique pieces in keeping with their historic past. FURTHER DETAILS AND UNEDITED PHOTOS OF ALL OUR GUEST ROOMS CAN BE SEEN ON OUR OWN WEBSITE.
• At Blenheim Lodge, we use only quality products, such as luxury original label Dorma bedding, and high GSM bath sheets and hand towels. Every room is equipped with tea and coffee making facilities, toiletries, flat screen HD TV with digital radio channels, WIFI, and hairdryer.
• COMFORTABLE HAND CARVED BEDS WITH BESPOKE HANDMADE MATTRESSES AND FLUFFY NORWEGIAN DUVETS PROMOTE A RESTFUL NIGHT’S SLEEP. Slip under clean, crisp sheets, and listen . . . to the sound of silence. And waken refreshed to the beauty of birdsong and the glorious landscapes that you will see from your room.
• At Blenheim Lodge, we are particularly blessed with fabulous Lake and fell views from all our public and guest rooms. CLICK ON THE HOTEL GALLERY TAB TO SEE UNEDITED IMAGES OF OUR ROOMS AND THE VIEWS FROM THEM.
• For breakfast, we serve quality local Lakeland produce: hearty butcher-made sausage and hand-cured and cut bacon. A local dairy delivers fresh eggs and milk daily. We also offer vegetarian choices.
• WE OFFER FREE: WIFI, ON-SITE CAR PARK, COUNTRY CLUB MEMBERSHIP, AND BOOKABLE LOCAL FISHING PERMITS. There is a nice guest lounge with lovely Lake and fell views for guests to enjoy. (Please note: ‘WIFI is offered but not guaranteed as it depends ultimately on the provider for consistency. Some rooms may not get WIFI if there is a weak signal, in which case you can use our public areas, lounge, hall and porch, to get a better signal. Out of courtesy to other diners at breakfast time, we do not offer WIFI in our dining room.’)
• Blenheim Lodge is ideally situated for exploring the Lake District. Windermere Railway is 1 mile south. Local main roads, buses and ferries provide easy links to other parts of the Lake District. And we can help arrange minibus and private tours that will pick up and drop off our guests at Blenheim Lodge.
• THERE ARE LOTS OF THINGS TO SEE AND DO IN THE LAKE DISTRICT. Within walking distance are the walks behind our house, cruises on Lake Windermere, Bowness town amenities and attractions, such as The World of Beatrix Potter Attraction and The Old Laundry Theatre, and shops, salons, pubs, cafes, and restaurants galore. Anglers can fish from Lake Windermere and boating enthusiasts can hire rowboats, kayaks and canoes.
• Within a 5-mile radius of Blenheim Lodge, there are more walks and viewpoints, streams and waterfalls, activities including horse-riding, scrambling, golf and other outdoor sports. Enjoy a day out climbing, taking to the treetops with adventurous high-level walks and zip-lining, or enjoy some mountain biking, Segway rides, fishing etc. WE CAN HELP YOU ARRANGE ALL THESE ACTIVITIES AND MORE. WE CAN ALSO ARRANGE WALKING AND CLIMBING GUIDES AND FISHING TUITION.
Finally, we are here to help our guests. If, prior to or after booking, you require further information or assistance with booking activities, etc., please feel free to contact Blenheim Lodge and we will do our best to help you.
PLEASE NOTE: Whilst we would love to cater to all people, our Lodge was built on a hill with a steep gradient, leaving no possible means of creating a ramp for wheelchairs.
Note: There is £1.75 charge for the use of debit cards registered in the UK to a UK bank and UK address. For all other debit or credit cards, there is a 2.75% card fee.
IMPORTANT: The guest house will not accept guests who want to accommodate more than the strict number of persons appearing in the booking confirmation.