Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
Ok, let's start with the positives to get myself into a vaguely good mood:- - The staff we dealt with were all great, very helpful, friendly and clearly doing all they could for their guests.
- The bar served good real ale on hand pump
- The starters in the restaurant were pretty good
- The room service breakfast was a good size
- Errrr....nope, that's it. Now to the rest of our stay. - We checked in smoothly and went to our allocated room, only to find the remnants of the last occupant's last room service order still in the room. After a call to reception, we were immediately moved to another room (an upgrade) with a lake view.
- This new room, albeit having a good view, had a broken shower head, damaged shower curtain, black mould growing out of the bath sealant and a ceiling that looked decidedly water damaged. - Later, we went to the bar and had a couple of drinks. Only to find that one of the glasses was cracked. The drink was exchanged without question but would still have expected better in the first place. - We'd booked a table in the restaurant which we were told was busy. Ok. The waitress took our order promptly and then we waited. And waited. And then waited some more. After about 30 minutes, our starters turned up (note the positive comment above). - Then we started the wait for our main course......we did notice a number of other diners actually give up the wait and leave but we stuck it out. I think it was at least half an hour after our starters had been cleared before the main course arrived. And the food, whilst acceptable, was certainly not worth the wait. - Whilst we're on with the restaurant - heating. Or lack thereof. Ok, I accept that some tables have to be near the ventilation system outlets so there can be draughts. But when the system is only blowing cold air and half of the customers are complaining and / or returning to their rooms to get jumpers and coats (as we did), you'd have thought the management might have noticed the problem - but nothing was done.
Considering the problems with the restaurant, we decided to order room service breakfast. This was almost a saving grace. It arrived on time (albeit at the very end of the requested time slot) and was a generous size. It could have been warmer but it wasn't too bad. The final saving grace though was check out. The duty manager offered us a discount because of the problems we'd had. We will not be back.
Weekend break with hubby for his birthday with no kids
I booked this weekend as a surprise for hubby's birthday the hotel was breath taking all staff were extremely professional.
On in particular went out of his way to make sure we had what we needed. His name was Harrison he really couldn't do enough. We popped in to the pub attached to hotel as it had been recommended but we were highly disappointed the second we walked in it stank of Fish there was no clean tables and m husband offer heard the bar staff saying they had to put wine into a brand glass as they had no clean glasses. The resturant was full in hotel til 930pm Harrison went out of his way to find us a place in lounge and made sure our evening was a success. He gave 150% customer service.
Relaxing anniversary weekend
Stayed at the 4 pillars hotel for a relaxing weekend break with my boyfriend for our 2 year anniversary.
The hotel was very easy to find with plenty of parking and extremely helpful staff on arrival. Our room was very spacious for a 'standard double' with a lovely bath/shower that had fantastic pressure. (Not one of those rubbish electric ones) as we arrived at 8:30pm we hadn't taken into account that our room didn't have a view of the lake. Nevertheless after a lovely breakfast (with plenty of options) we went to reception and asked if we could upgrade to a room with a view; this was no problem and only cost an extra £20. It was the most incredible view to wake up to. Absolutely stunning.
Food was lovely, and we ordered room service too which was fairly prompt even at their busier times. Fantastic mojito's and an incredible spa. Overall a fantastic stay and would definitely come back again. A point to improve on would be:
The women's changing rooms in the spa were an absolute bomb site and there didn't seem to be anyone around to pick up towels that had been strewn across the floor (found it very strange that women even did that in the first place!) and the same went for the actual spa.... Lots of slippers left lying around and nobody was around to remove these.
Other than that, thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will hopefully be back soon.
Dont take the room next to reception/toilets
This is a large and modern hotel.
After having been put in the room right next to the reception, bar,and adjacent general toilets etc which was very noisy, especially when the adjacent toilet was flushed I asked to be moved to elsewhere. the staff were helpful and I subsequently had a room in a quite part of the hotel
Cotswold Water Park Four Pillars Hotel
A very pleasent stay .
I had room service. Breakfast was amazing and at rest to have it brought to your room.
Relaxing birthday treat weekend stay
Had a relaxing weekend, loved the spa, food and the atmosphere in thee hotel.
Can't wait to return in the summer to enjoy the terraces and lake side views.
Twix Xmas Break 2014
We enjoyed our stay.
Room was fine. But the bedding and towels all smelt strongly of bleach. Reception staff really helpful. Had first evening meal in the bar area - staff very attentive, service quick and meal was nice. Second night ate in the restaurant - not bad but service was not so good. Had lunch in the Boat Inn - we enjoyed our sarnies but noticed that some diners asked for their money back?. Breakfast was another experience altogether!. After 15 minutes on both mornings had to search for someone to get us a tea/coffee; only one toasting machine working and you had to put the bread through twice until it resembled toast!. The queue for the toasting machine was a nightmare. Things had run out on the hot counter and staff did not seem to have noticed. Didn't try the pool - too hot and too much chlorine. But despite all of that we did have a great break in the Cotswold Water Park. P.S. Have seen some reviewers saying that facilities for children were limited. This is definitely not a suitable hotel for children in the winter.
New Year stay
My husband and I came to stay here for a night on the first weekend of the New Year; we run our own restaurant so were very busy during Xmas and were looking for a nice relaxing break.
We found the hotel staff very accommodating and polite, the spa was fantastic - a big gym, relaxing salon and lovely pool & spa area. The restaurant served good quality food and we found the surroundings area so tranquil and peaceful. Just what we were looking for. I would definitely come back.
only stayed one night after a Christmas party.
Late arrival which seemed to inconvenience the night porter. Reception more friendly in the morning although it took an age to print my bill.
a beautiful view of lake