Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
Breakfast very impressive.
Great location and good value for money. Not sure if there is any air conditioning so might be a bit hot in the summer.
Great Victoria Hotel
Only issue was no cold water, it ran hot in the room other than that perfect.
The staff were very helpful and cheerful. Our room was on the fourth floor and my only minor criticism would be that the lift only went to the third floor. Aside from that, the room was lovely, beautifully decorated and furnished. The bathroom was spacious and fitted out to a high standard. I'd definitely stay there again.
It was ok, at least it wasn't expensive or I might have been more critical
The room looked nothing like anything on the website.
It was ok but the bathroom had a cracked sink and damp patches all down the walls. The extractor fan didn't work and there were wires hanging out of the ceiling light in the bathroom.
Great Victoria Hotel
An excellent short break.
Value for Money
And pleased with room for money paid
great time was had
Fantastic room, very happy couple!
Not 'great' at the Great Victoria Hotel, Bradford!
Sadly my stay at the Great Victoria Hotel was far from the best experience of my life - I did complete the Q & A card in the room and handed it in to Reception upon my departure but, following my email comments sevent days ago, I still have not received a response.
My email was as follows:
1. The thermostatic radiator valve head in room 209 is broken but someone had thoughtfully placed it back on the valve so it looked fine. Unfortunately it was impossible to turn down the heat and the temperature was so high we had to run a fan all night (not a great help if I'm honest). In fact, it was so hot the chocolate bar in my bag melted. I must apologise I forgot to put them in the bin so your staff will have had to clear them away.
2. The window could not be opened more than an inch - see item 1 to explain why i wanted to open the window.
3. The extract fan in the bathroom was non-functioning. This ensured that after showering we were unable to get dry as the atmosphere was something akin to a sauna - hot and humid. I think you may find that there is a requirement for internal bathrooms (ie those with no windows) must have an extract fan with a run-on timer. You may want to double check that one.
4. The shower handle fell off but we managed to put it back and both have showers
5. The circulation areas on the second floor were very dirty - in particular the carpet. Not at all appealing.
6. We ate in the restaurant on Wednesday evening. While the meal was 'ok' I would like to note a couple of observations:
- the young man taking orders seemed to be running the Bar area as well - he kept disappearing for extended periods, forgetting a customer's soup spoons, taking ages to bring drinks etc. Not his fault I'm sure - more staff required.
- the starter was very much a case of 'hunt the mushroom' in fact if we hadn't had the optional bacon I think you could quite rightly have called it soup and no one would have guessed it wasn't.
- in my niece's main course (chicken) the vegetables were barely cooked. I'm all for crisp veg but these were positively hard. My main course was ok, but looked unappealing as the steak looked more like a piece of tuna (shape and colour) but the chips were fine.
7. The best bit of the stay, for me, was the shampoo and shower gel - at least I started the day smelling nice.
So, all in all, a stressful visit for a job interview was not made any easier by our overnight stay. I think it is doubtful we would book again.
Cheap and cheerful
Overall, I was happy with my stay for the price, and with a bit more effort this could be a great hotel.
The location is great and the style is smart. The bed was immaculate. However, there were cobwebs in the corner of our room and lots of stains on the carpet. I wasn't impressed with the shower pressure or temperature. The windows didn't open either. The customer service was good. But when I left my phone charger behind the receptionist refused to let me go back for it until later, when we would be at the other end of the country. If the breakfast was cheaper we probably would have tried it but at £11pp we gave it a miss.