Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
My daughter and I had a lovely stay, the hotel is beautiful and is surrounded by stunning parkland which we were able to explore on the free bikes provided.
The staff were lovely and only too happy to give us a tour the hotel and an old church situated on the grounds. We also enjoyed a sauna and a relaxing swim in the pool. The food was delicious and plentiful and we couldn't fault the service that we received.
Stately home from home
Wonderful stay fantastic staff wonderful venue the most comfortable of beds and just a brilliant all round experience Thanks for everything!!
Not just for a one night stay
This is an amazing place and you'll leave wishing you had stayed more than one night...
Much to do and beautiful building and grounds, the rooms are great, even the cheapest ones.
Beautiful hotel in beautiful grounds!
Me & my boyfriend came to stay for a birthday treat and it was amazing.
The hotel is in beautiful grounds and our room had a beautiful view of the church. The room was clean and nicely decorated, and the bed was so so comfy. I didn't want to leave. We had room service for a dinner amd our full English breakfast delivered to our room on the morning. The food was delicious and we could tell it was all very good quality. The service was wonderful and all the staff were very friendly and polite. My only complaint is that we didn't see one of the famous ghosts. So I guess we'll have to visit again.
We spent one night in this beautiful building on a weekend trip with visiting family.
The staff was friendly to our children, though it was quite apparent that children are not frequently found there. They made us all feel very welcome and were eager to help in any way possible. We were delighted by the dinner and breakfast we enjoyed at the hotel. The grounds were beautiful to wander and we greatly appreciated the folde of history on the hotel found in our room to peruse. We would definitely stay again and suggest the hotel to friends.
Simply stunning service and location
This hotel thoroughly deserves it's Hand Picked status.
The welcome was warm and sincere and the staff could not have been more helpful; attentive without being intrusive. Apart from being an architecturally beautiful building the grounds are a delight, Our room was immaculate and the food wonderfully presented. A perfect retreat if you desire somewhere really special.
The staff, food and accommodation were wonderful.
The bar drinks were very expensive but we considered that we were treating ourselves and didn't worry too much about it. Long wait for breakfast on first morning but when it arrived it was very nice.
Beauty treatment rooms would be a welcome addition to the hotel.
Very warm welcome, all staff attentive and helpful.
Food and leisure excellent. A very comfortable bed meaning a goods night's sleep. Look forward to returning sometime.
We wanted a relaxing getaway with good food....
Having escaped the kids for a night our aim was to go to a nice hotel (cost not really much of an issue) to have some nice food, a few drinks, take advantage of room service and have a relaxing time away from home.
The hotel building is fantastic and the price indicated that we would be going to a nice hotel, however we were a bit disappointed.
- on arrival all kind of commotion about checking in which took us 20 minutes or so and then when they took us to our room it was not ready (this was close to 4:00pm)
- we tried to reserve a table in the restaurant for our evening meal but it was fully booked.
- the lounge bar area is not very inviting and the bar menu is not inspiring so we opted for room service. the documentation in the room said you could order main restaurant food to the room but they told us we could not, so we ordered from the bar menu and were disappointed with what we had.
- they brought drinks to the room which was good service although they did get our first order wrong.
- we booked the Executive Double Room and paid £30 for the privilege, that £30 gets a view over the grounds as opposed to the car park and that is the only difference. our bed in room 26 was uncomfortable and we both woke with aching backs.
- The hotel interior is dated and smells musty
- all in all we thought the hotel was a bit disorganised.
- our room was decorated nicely and the bathroom was lovely.
- breakfast in bed was good even though they got our order wrong. - the disorganisation in the hotel had its advantages when it came to paying our bill as mistakes had also been made on this to our advantage... I took this as being a gesture of good will so did the honourable thing... ...and kept quiet.
Not up to standard
The service was not as expected.
You cannot have a 4 star hotel with business travelers and then not have any wi-fi in the hotel. It was broken from 4pm check-in until 11pm when I went to bed and as a result I missed work commitments that I couldn't access on my laptop. The staff even commented that it had happened before and it can be temperamental.
The main issue was that there is also no 3G phone signal at the hotel, so it wasn't even an option to try to send emails this way.
When I met the Duty manager at 10pm he didn't have a proper answer on what was wrong, but appeared more angry than me, not the greatest way to respond to a guest complaint. Considering at the time of booking this was the 3rd most expensive hotel on laterooms in this area, I expected far more. The room was not up to standard, the bedspread was ripped in 3 places on the bottom half. The bedroom looked tired and scruffy. Breakfast was the highlight, as were the stunning grounds. Pool is nice, although shallow and not really suitable for swimming. Jacuzzi is good.