Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
53% would recommend it to a friend
The staff are excellent and I feel sorry that I have to criticize things beyond their control.
But the hotel is in desperate need of money spending on it to bring a fabulous old building back to what it should be. Peeling paintwork and rain damage need addressing. The first room we were allocated (a triple) was awful. Grubby and very run down. We moved and slept in another room which had a noisy drip in a pipe somewhere all night. We then were moved to a much better quality room which was very nice. If you stayed there from the start you'd be happy. Food in the restaurant was ok. Not superb, but reasonable, prepared quickly and delivered efficiently. Lisa, the waitress for breakfast is an outstanding asset. For the price and for us and the location which was critical. It was an acceptable stay. But I only wish the chain management would invest and bring the hotel back to what it could be.
The Chace Hotel - a Corus hotel
Way too hot.
They should consider air con as I couldn't stay there again without it!
Room for the night was ok but found ladies hair on the floor in the bathroom
Excellent value room.
Clean with all the features needed.
Only criticism is we were in a triple room but towels etc were provided for two people only.
Polite warm welcoming on arrival at reception.
Received an excellent customer service from Lisa at breakfast-pleasant, friendly and easy to talk with. Thanks.
Overnights visit for gymnastics competition
The hotel was good value for money for a quick stopover.
The receptionist was very helpful. The hotel is a quick 15,minute drive from The Ricoh arena which suited our needs.
The foyer of the hotel isbeautiful with old world charm and a fantastic staircase ideal for photos
The bedroom although spotlessly clean could do with a makeover.
The beds were uncomfortable and even though we turned the radiators off , the room was too hot to sleep in. I could not find where the heat was coming from. We did not avail of the breakfast as I thought £20 for a cooked breakfast and £10 for cereal was way over priced
food and drink
Food and drinks were very expensive and not a very good range of lagers so we ate and drank out at local pubs/bars, would of liked vex to stay in the hotel bar
Let me start by listing the positives:
• If you are a smoker great- they let people smoke in their rooms at least 2 rooms I walked past I could smell smoke.
• They put on a safety chain to make up for the broken lock.
• They are super environmentally friendly, no wasting water through proper working showers. • If you ever wanted to feel like the princess and the peas this hotel’s mattress can recreate that for you without the pea, the fluff balls on the linen might spoil the knobbly mattress experience though.
• If you and 150 friends wanted space to do an impromptu flashmob there is plenty in the dreary, characterless, over lit bar area and you won’t even disturb the guests
• They are concerned for your health one measly biscuit IS enough, and so is only 2 of those UHT milk pots.
• To make you consider your health further they will charge an additional £12 for breakfast on the already ludicrous £85
As for the negatives well I guess there aren’t any…………
Response from hotel
Thank you for the recent review you posted about the Chace Hotel. I'm Sorry that your experience was not to our usual high standards and I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the matter with you further, Please feel free to contact me by email.
Our dinner was excellent and service was very good Breakfast was very different.We sat for ages before realizing that it was self service only to find that the food was cold and the layout was very strange i.e.
no facility for marmalade etc on the table. Several people who entered the room after us were told they would have to wait in fact the best way to explain the experience is chaotic