Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
45% would recommend it to a friend
quick overnight buniness trip
Staff were more then helpful and after the disaster of the gas supply failing made me a free of charge sandwich meal and a red wine.
And a great sandwich it was
Not as bad as reviews indicate but not worth the money
This hotel is in a nice spot and could be OK, but it isn't.
The room I was in needed a refit to justify the cost. It was clean enough but nearly everything looked cheap and tired, in need of attention. The shower was really bad, it needed a proper screen instead of a nasty plastic curtain. I didn't buy breakfast so I can't comment on the food. However I might have if they had taken the time to read my booking request and popped to the Coop next door for a carton of soya milk. This hotel either needs to charge less or step up.
Hotel more like B&B with terrible standards
Ordered online and was looking forward to staying while I got my car fixed.
When I booked in and was shown about reality kicked in. Had no en suite bathroom told I had to share a toilet and shower which I didn't like. Room was semi clean but bed was terrible like spring valley mattress. I went into the shared toilet which had urine and human excrement everywhere made me feel sick so I didn't use the toilet ended up walking up the road to a café and asked if I could use the toilet. I then came back to my 1 star room and thought all cant be bad and decided to get a shower. Well as listed earlier shared and it was absolutely disgusting. beard trimmings all over the sink, hair everywhere in the shower again I thought this is disgusting and gave it a miss because I was leaving in morning and thought of showering in there made me feel sick. I couldn't wait to book out and get out of that filthy horrible environment. They need to work on everything in this hotel as room shared facilities was so terrible I wasn't prepared to eat as concerned i'd get ill. Asked if I could order food in as I didn't like anything they were serving up and they refused to let me so I was disappointed all round and if anyone doesn't believe above book at your own risk.
Response from hotel
We are sorry that you felt you had an unpleasant stay with us and would like to take this opportunity to respond to your concerns
1. You would have been fully aware at the time of booking that the two single rooms we have share a bathroom. It is made clear on laterooms booking site that this is the case. In addition if a booking is made directly with us by phone then it is always explained fully that only our double and twin rooms have en suites.
2. Obviously we do not sleep on our guest beds. This is the first time we have been made aware of any problems regarding the mattresses. As a result of your comments we are taking steps to remedy the issue by replacing both our single mattresses.
3. Regarding the shower/toilet, we have both facilities cleaned everyday. At the end of the cleaners shift all work is checked and signed off by senior management.
It is quite clear that they were used by the other occupant between the check and you booking in. Should you have spoken to any member of staff this situation would have been rectified immediately as we strive to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and you could have enjoyed the facilities.
4. Most hotels have a 'food only purchased on the premises policy' especially when the is a restaurant with a wide and varied menu on offer. In addition to that all guests upon check in are told that as we use local produce and cook on the premises, providing we have the ingredients in the kitchen we can and will accommodate them.
On a final note :- Maybe the key to all complaints is communication. If you had voiced your concerns to any member of staff at the time every effort would have been made to rectify any issues you may have had.
Good food, friendly staff, nice location
Only problems were: - No shower in room, only bath.
- Too expensive for what you get. - I went home a day early and the last night was not refundable. Good things:
- Food is very nice
- Very friendly staff
- Let me use the shed to lock my bike.
Hospitable and welcoming owners, comfortable bed, clean room, delicious food.
I have booked another stay there.
Staying at the Bugle
The hotel is lovely, really nice building, people are very nice and the location is amazing.
I booked this place for 3 nights.
On arrival a grubby looking woman showed me to my room (room 6). I was told the kitchen was closed so there was no food, but they failed to mention this at the time of booking. Eventually I settled in then realized, the room was dirty, tea cups were dirty, the bathtub had cold water only. So I used the communal shower....the light flashed for the entire 5 minutes I was there and the water was cold.
I complained. So they moved me to room 2, again it was dirty. And this time the room,boiled because heating pipes ran under it.
I didn't bother staying for my third night I just left and drove for 4 hours to get home.
They didn't even question why I was leaving early or offer me some money back. Overall, I wouldn't go again. Better off pitching a tent in the park.
Excellent value for money
Very welcoming staff and a lovely room.
Like a home from home
Food, hospitality and room all ok Shower facilities took forever to warm up Basic requirements can't be met.
I checked out over a week ago but as yet I still have not received a receipt for the room, dispite promises that I'd get via email within 24 hours of checking out.
Did the trick