- Very Good
- 36 guest reviews
"Booked a couple of days in advance as had a blank a night to fill before our week in a lodge on outskirts of newquay. We paid over £250 for..."
"Enjoyed my stay at the Esplanade, working at the Boardmasters event, the ability to check the waves as I got out of bed was a bonus and prox..."
"I recently stayed here with my partner. When we arrived, we went up to look for our room and was told it was on the second floor, we had a r..."
"Close to sea..."
"The hotel has many good, kind, hard-working members of staff, staff who remember whether you prefer tea or coffee, happy to put themselves o..."
About the hotel
Welcome to Newquay, unarguably, the coolest of all the Cornish towns. Voted the best family holiday destination by readers of 'COAST' magazine, the seaside town is famed for its laid-back beach vibe and The Esplanade Hotel is no exception. A picturesque and contemporary hotel overlooking the world-famous Fistral Beach in Newquay, The Esplanade is a special place where the whole family can kick back and relax together - a stylish home from home! The hotel offers stunning views from inside and out - especially from the lounge where the dramatic seascapes spill in.
Genuinely welcoming, the Esplanade Hotel in Newquay is more than just a place to sleep - it's a place where you can enjoy quality family holidays on the North Cornwall coast, splashing about in the heated indoor pool and dining together in the informal family-friendly Ocean View Restaurant. We want you to come and make our hotel your home and relax. We are all about fresh sea air, timeless activities and wholesome family holidays in Cornwall. The beach is our playground and rock pooling, flying kites and surfing are our favourite things! During the holidays we run a fun schedule of family-friendly activities - all free to join. We love getting messy and generally having lots of fun. . . this is the kind of place where childhood memories are made. Home to the Quiksilver Surf School, all guests receive discounted surf lessons and equipment hire - everyone from beginner to pro can be catered for. There's also an indoor, child friendly swimming pool, hotel bar, plus indoor and outdoor play areas for the children. The Esplanade Hotel really does have something for all the family! Fistral Beach Surf School is located on site. Newquay town centre is less than 10 minutes' walk away and Newquay Golf Club is 500 metres from the Esplanade Hotel. Newquay Rail Station is a 20-minute journey on foot. The hotel does not accept payment made by American Express card. "
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Children's Facilities - Indoor , Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Indoor Pool , Sauna , Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 25/04/2011 to 30/04/2020 - Please note that single sex bookings are not accepted The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
94% would recommend it to a friend
Booked a couple of days in advance as had a blank a night to fill before our week in a lodge on outskirts of newquay.
We paid over £250 for room only, which did not feel the best value for money but when you're a family of 5 with young children the options are limited. Parking is the first challenge, but we got lucky and found a street space after check in. The room was spacious and well appointed, just like the laterooms picture, and the sea view of fistrel beach to the headland was perfect. Room had double, single and a bunk bed. We headed straight to the beach which is a across the road and a lawn then down 40 or so steps. Beach has sand surf, and rock pools. We missed the kitchen and a selection of sandwiches was available from the bar but I opted to get takeaway pizza and kebab. Bar had a talented singer and while the outdoor play area seemed to have been converted to tennis court, an indoor play area. In the morning the pool was open at 8:30 and we had sole use of their lovely facility. Hot tub wasn't hot though. Next to surf school and has kids entertainment team who we had face painting from. Overall loved it and so will you!
Great view pleasant stay
Enjoyed my stay at the Esplanade, working at the Boardmasters event, the ability to check the waves as I got out of bed was a bonus and proximity to the site was great too.
Room was relatively big and bed was comfortable.