- Very Good
- 46 guest reviews
"A superior room booked but turned out to be anything but. Beware room 320! The bed is beautiful and full of character but was a small double..."
"The offer we had was for a Sup Double room. We were given room 318 which was certainly not a sup room (if it was I would not like to see a s..."
"as above great hotel and staff. very nice area...."
"The 3rd time we've stayed here; excellent city centre location and good value for money..."
"Very nice reception staff bar staff breakfast room staff and all staff through out the hotel every one was very helpful..."
About the hotel
In the very heart of the beautiful historic town of Shrewsbury, the Lion Hotel combines stunning 16th Century architecture with every classical comfort. Famous for its warm and friendly welcome and wonderfully traditional character, the hotel is perfectly situated to enable guests to enjoy all that this unique area has to offer. Our range of bedrooms include standard double, twins and singles through to suites, each with their own unique character which includes all the facilities you would expect.
The Hayward Restaurant is open for lunch and dinner and offers a quintessentially British menu with a few subtle twists, using fresh local ingredients. The Oak Bar is open all day for teas & coffees, homemade cakes, healthy light bites, delicious lunches and exceptional value evening dining. The hotel has a number of outstanding function rooms including the magnificent domed Adam Ballroom; creating a very special atmosphere for events or weddings. Free WiFi is available in the bar and lounge areas of the hotel. Secure parking is available on-site for guests at the charge of £5. 00 per car per night.
Showing Wednesday 25 November 2015 to Thursday 26 November 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 12/02/2013 to 31/12/2022 - The Hotel has secure, on-site parking available for guests at the charge of £5.00 per car per stay. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
91% would recommend it to a friend
A superior room booked but turned out to be anything but.
Beware room 320. The bed is beautiful and full of character but was a small double being 4ft wide. We were not made aware of this and proved difficult to sleep in comfortably. The ensuite bathroom could do with updating too. Service was very good and efficient. Breakfast was lovely. Love the character in the place just not happy with the bed.
The Lion Hotel Shrewsbury By Compass Hospitality
The offer we had was for a Sup Double room.
We were given room 318 which was certainly not a sup room (if it was I would not like to see a standard, apart from that, it was a pleasent stay.