- 77 guest reviews
"Not used to this we booked as it was twice as cheap as anything else we found. Creaky bed and 1800s decor aside the room was larger than ima..."
"This hotel is not run by Humans, but by GLaDOS (a very young GLaDOS by the sound of the voice on the instructional videos on their website)...."
"Ok, there seems like a lot of hoops to jump through and rules to be observed but you are clearly made aware of these before you book, if you..."
"Hotel/Room looks a little dated with traditional carpet and patterned wallpaper (could easily/cheaply be replaced with laminate floor and ma..."
About the hotel
Astley House offers basic value budget, environmentally friendly accommodation and it is only a 15 minute walk to the Minster & York city centre. All rooms are private with small shower rooms, basins and toilets and the property is non-smoking throughout. With an eco-friendly approach, Astley House has a self-check in service and recycling options are encouraged.
Towels are available to rent and high power steam cleaning is preferred, along with low chemical cleaning products. Astley House has energy saving lightbulbs and waste is recycled. Bedding is provided free of charge, but beds are not made for environmental reasons. We encourage guest to bring their own bedding and reuse it. To keep room rates low and for environmental reasons, room cleaning costs are £5 per hour (£10 max) for guests who do not want to do basic cleaning as they go along (wiping surfaces, sweeping floor and recycling). Towels are not included, but can be rented for £1 per towel in rooms. Astley House operates a supported automated self-check in system. The cardholder will need to ensure that a mobile number is provided to receive a self-check in text message sent out around 12:00 on the day of arrival. All bookings are advance purchase - fully pre-paid, non-refundable and non-transferable. Valid card details are required and the card needs to match the name and address provided. The total room cost and a £60 security deposit per room will be charged at the time of booking. Card service charge - Visa/Master Credit Cards - 3%. The £60 security deposit added to the total payment will be refunded after departure once the room has been cleaned. By making a reservation you agree to liability for breakages and damage caused. You also accept responsibility to read the common sense house rules in your bedroom near the door. Check out is by 10:00. No luggage storage facilities are available. Astley House has no lift and most of our standard double rooms and single rooms are on the 3rd floor. Breakfast is not included. FREE WI-FI internet throughout the property. FREE private car park with limited spaces available on a first come first serve basis. (FREE parking also available opposite property 24 hours a day on cobbles) Free coffee and tea making facilities in all rooms with a complimentary portion of coffee and tea provided per person per day.
Showing Tuesday 26 May 2015 to Wednesday 27 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room
- Doctor on call
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 12:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for Astley House in YORK are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
68% would recommend it to a friend
interesting hotel saved a lot of money
Not used to this we booked as it was twice as cheap as anything else we found.
Creaky bed and 1800s decor aside the room was larger than imagined, and it was a good experience. We decided not to use the very old looking gas fire heater not having full confidence in it and no gas safety certificate on display. I would definitely stay here again the location is brilliant in a really nice neighbourhood. We took a punt and everything turned up Milhouse
Hotel is run by GLaDOS
This hotel is not run by Humans, but by GLaDOS (a very young GLaDOS by the sound of the voice on the instructional videos on their website).
You will see the red light of her eye come on in the lobby when you enter or leave the building. Stayed in Room 12. I liked the concept but was scared of getting something wrong and fined so took all rubbish away with me. Just a few things:
1. If you fold the bed sheets back up and place them where you found them, how does GLaDOS know if you used the provided sheets or took your own. There was no instructions where to place unused provided bedsheets but would be surprised if next guest got same sheets I slept in. 2. The roof window blind would not stay closed as the nail\hook to hold it closed was missing meaning the light woke me up early. I did not have my own hammer and nails with me and was afraid to ask GLaDOS for some. 3. Instructions on door did not say where to leave used bed sheets after unmaking the bed. I had to watch the video to tell me to leave them where I found them. Oddest object in room was a Mouse Holder - Guessing GLaDOS needs this for something. Being serious I loved the concept of self cleaning and think I may have left the room cleaner than I actually found it as I only spent one night and lived out the suitcase so did not make any mess. I also bought a new hand towel earlier that day to use with shower, so have a nice new towel and saved money on renting one for £1. The price of the room was fantastic (providing I don't get fined for anything!) and I liked a double bed in a single room.