- 8 guest reviews
"We enjoyed our break overall. The hotel was very nice, though the *short walk into Torquay was exhausting as it was up&down steep inclines...."
"Pros: - Fantastic, friendly, and helpful staff. Not in an over-the-top way, but just genuinely nice and gave off a positive vibe. - Superb b..."
"First class service. Good old fashioned hospitality and fabulous food!..."
"A great hotel. Very friendly and a nice atmosphere. A short walk to the sea. We enjoyed our stay, and will return...."
About the hotel
The Hotel Balmoral, set in an superb and upmarket torquay location overlooking some of the most beautiful coastal scenery on the English Riviera. Only a few Minutes stroll will take you to meadfoot beach where you can relax and enjoy the sand and the sea breeze. A ten minute walk takes you to enjoy Torquays town center and harbourside.
With its Large shopping areas, many places of interest and excellent nightlife. This Hotel makes for a brilliant place to stay and relax but still enjoy the sights and sounds of Torquay. Please note that if you wish to use the gym, sauna or swimming pool these are available at the hotel across for a fee. The hotels restaurant is renowned for the high standards of its imaginatively produced cuisine using fresh, usually local, produce to create English dishes with a touch of continental flair, complemented by a selection of fine wines. Vegetarian dishes and special diets are catered for with pleasure.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:30 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
We enjoyed our break overall.
The hotel was very nice, though the *short walk into Torquay was exhausting as it was up&down steep inclines.
Unfortunately, we were very disappointed in Torquay itself. We thought it was quite scruffy and had a run down feel to it. Sorry.
Adequate Accommodation, Excellent Service
Pros: - Fantastic, friendly, and helpful staff.
Not in an over-the-top way, but just genuinely nice and gave off a positive vibe. - Superb breakfast. Recommend the Haddock and Eggs. - Full bar/lounge on premise (good selection of drinks, was not disturbing at night). - Got a good night's sleep, in a relatively quiet environment (floorboards creaked a bit, even from neighboring rooms, but road noise was surprisingly not an issue). - Beautiful garden area and very nice location, close to Meadfoot Bay (beach), and just across the road from a nice health spa (was a beautiful weekend, so did not use the spa). Cons:
- Venue has maybe seen better days, carpeting a bit scruffy, etc. - TV in room was tiny. - Wifi Strength in room was weak to the point of unusable. - A bit of a jaunt from the town centre... local cabs were reasonable, though.