- Very Good
- 26 guest reviews
"enjoyed my stay..."
"We really enjoyed our stay at The Western Hotel. The staff are superb, from reception to bar staff to those serving breakfast. It was our fi..."
"bit too expenisve for the size of the room, some hostels would have the same sized room. Location was great and food was excellent (we both..."
"All staff were helpful especially the Bar staff. Breakfast staff were ok but on the whole everything was great and would definitely recommen..."
"Food score only dropped down due to the poor breakfast on our last day. The other days were fine and the hotel dining menu was really good...."
About the hotel
The three star Western Hotel is located in the heart of Galway City and offers the highest standard of accommodation. This family-run hotel comprises of three impressive Georgian buildings and blends an old style feel with all modern conveniences. Enjoying a long tradition of hospitality, experienced by our many guests year on year - a unique and friendly atmosphere ensures you feel entirely at home.
Among the 40 rooms we have to offer are single, double, twin, family and triple rooms, as well as a room with facilities to accommodate our wheelchair using guests. The Hotel Western Bar is a warm and welcoming place, traditional, friendly and renowned for the largest open traditional Irish music sessions in Galway. Our hotel restaurant offers a tantalizing selection of food. A varied choise of delicious dishes are available from our carvery and snack menu, with an A La Carte menu in the evening. Our meals are prepared from fresh local produce. The Western Suites are luxury 2 bedroom suites catering for up to 5 people. The suites are in the heart of Galway City, located just a stroll away from the famous Eyre Square. The Western Suites are located to the rear of the hotel up a flight of stairs and are designed to give you a home away from home during your stay in Galway, offering you a functional kitchen and seating area, bathroom and two separate bedrooms. The suites are serviced daily. Car parking options for Hotel Guests. The Western Hotel offers free underground Valet Car Park for all guests. Guests checking into CityPoint Apartments are also asked to arrive for their check -in to The Western Hotel. They will be given further instructions at reception. Directions to Hotel’s short term underground parking: Arriving from any direction, follow the signs to the City Centre and Eyre Square. Once on Eyre Square, take the road exiting the square at the top right-hand corner at Richardson’s Pub. Proceed onwards on the left lane. Pass TK Maxx, Galway City Council building and The Western Hotel and take the first turn left, then left again into St. Bridget’s Place. Our underground car park is on the left, down the ramp.
Showing Tuesday 28 July 2015 to Wednesday 29 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services, Cots available
- Car parking available onsite, Valet Parking
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Lift to all floors
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 06/04/2012 to 31/12/2013 - Upon arrival, for all suite bookings, a signed damage contract is required. At its own discretion, the hotel may request cash or credit card pre-authorization for €250 as a security deposit. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
cheerful place to stay
enjoyed my stay
most enjoyable :-)
We really enjoyed our stay at The Western Hotel.
The staff are superb, from reception to bar staff to those serving breakfast. It was our first time staying here but we will definitely be back. Thank you.