- 13 guest reviews
"Room was basic and clean. Only wanted to sleep in the room. For that it was perfect...."
"Room 221. Cleanliness quite bad, 2ft cob web hanging from ceiling. Quite a few burn marks in the carpet. Taps in the sink, turned all direct..."
"We've stayed here before and been satisfied. This time we booked late for the Jazz Festival. The staff were efficient and courteous and the..."
"very handy for my trip for work. quiet room. carpark very small but a free larger carpark is behind the hotel where I left my car for the da..."
"Quirky hotel with winding corridors. The room was spacious and clean. However, it faced the street and was therefore noisy at night. The fan..."
About the hotel
Originally built in the 17th Century by the Chieftain of the Clan McNab as a hostelry for his fellow Clansmen travelling to the north. The Dreadnought McNab Clan Motto Dread Nought has remained an important landmark as well as retaining a distinctive character of its own. From the wood panelled lounge bar to the architecturally listed stained glass windows the Dreadnought has a very unique atmosphere Centrally situated in the popular holiday town of Callander in the heart of the Trossachs, the 17th Century Dreadnought Hotel successfully combines the attractions of history with modern day comfort.
Callander is the gateway to the Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park, making it an ideal destination for a Scottish break. On arrival at the hotel you can expect the warmest of welcomes from our friendly staff who will ensure you enjoy a comfortable stay Dining is available in the popular lounge bar, where a wide selection of freshly prepared Scottish cuisine is served throughout the day. There are many attractions to enjoy in the area such as walks to the Bracklinn Falls, trips to Loch Lomond or Stirling Castle, playing golf at Callander Course. The hotel is an approved licensed premise for holding civil ceremonies, always providing you with tastefully decorated suites,exceptional service and picturesque scenery for your wedding photography.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Wake Up Call Available , Pets Allowed , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
54% would recommend it to a friend
Awful car park with a crater in middle
Suited my needs
Room was basic and clean.
Only wanted to sleep in the room. For that it was perfect.