- Very Good
- 7 guest reviews
"This hotel is safe and comfortable with a lovely owner. It is very dated but with some lovely original features. It could easily be 'spruced..."
"The hotel was nicely located, only a short walk from the centre. The room was a nice size but the bed was super hard. I didn't have a bath w..."
"My friend and me stayed for 2 nights at Hotel Santo Tomas. We really enjoyed the experience, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful and..."
"Fabulous Hotel. This hotel is a lovely hub in San José where the staff are friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere is relaxed and welcoming..."
"Thomas, the owner of St Tomas, is an American who went out of his way to introduce himself to us and to explain about the hotel and its faci..."
About the hotel
Free Hot Cooked Breakfast & Fast, Secure Reliable, WI-Fi, Fitness Center, Jacuzzi, Swimming pool, covered parking, open air and covered outdoor terraces and many other extras. Located in San Jose's Oldest Historical District, Barrio Amon, Costa Rica. We are a Small Boutique Hotel, 30 non smoking rooms, just right for the family or single person traveling, who desires safe, quiet and clean accommodations in San Jose.
An ideal location where you may easily spend several days taking day tours, shopping, enjoying the many parks, museums and other cultural activities for you and your family while in San Jose. Located only four blocks from Central Avenue and an easy stroll to all major attractions.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, 24 Hour Reception, Wedding Licence, Safety Deposit Box, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange, Childrens Facilities - Outdoor, Doctor on call, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Gymnasium, Outdoor Pool, Fitness Centre, Solarium, Jacuzzi, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Foreign (European), [Channels] Foreign (Other), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
71% would recommend it to a friend
70s/80s time warp - but ideal for our one night stop over
This hotel is safe and comfortable with a lovely owner.
It is very dated but with some lovely original features. It could easily be 'spruced up' by removing things like the plastic flowers and dated bed spreads without losing it's character, but being that we were only staying one night before heading on it was ideal for our needs. Breakfast was okay but nothing special. I wouldn't recommend staying in San Jose longer than one night as there are far nicer places to visit in Costa Rica.
Great central location
The hotel was nicely located, only a short walk from the centre.
The room was a nice size but the bed was super hard. I didn't have a bath which was a bit of a disappointment and the shower was a bit iffy. Breakfast was ok but a bit more variety and larger portions (i.e. more toast) would have been nice but the coffee was lovely.