- Very Good
- 3 guest reviews
"Thomas, the owner of St Tomas, is an American who went out of his way to introduce himself to us and to explain about the hotel and its faci..."
"San Jose is a bit of a chaotic city and the area in which the hotel is situated doesn't look too promising, but once we had stepped inside t..."
"Hotel had old world charm. I arrived late at night so didn't have the opportunity to make use of facilities. I was returning back to San Jos..."
About the hotel
Free Hot Cooked Breakfast & Fast, Secure Reliable, WI-Fi, Fitness Center, Jacuzzi, Swimming pool, covered parking, open air and covered outdoor terraces and many other extras. Located in San Jose's Oldest Historical District, Barrio Amon, Costa Rica. We are a Small Boutique Hotel, 30 non smoking rooms, just right for the family or single person traveling, who desires safe, quiet and clean accommodations in San Jose.
An ideal location where you may easily spend several days taking day tours, shopping, enjoying the many parks, museums and other cultural activities for you and your family while in San Jose. Located only four blocks from Central Avenue and an easy stroll to all major attractions.
Showing Tuesday 28 July 2015 to Wednesday 29 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Gymnasium, Outdoor Pool, Fitness Centre, Solarium, Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Foreign (European), [Channels] Foreign (Other), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- Smoking allowed in public areas
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Family friendly
- Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Ground floor bedrooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Hotel Santo Tomas
Thomas, the owner of St Tomas, is an American who went out of his way to introduce himself to us and to explain about the hotel and its facilities.
He also gave us some tips about buying our exit 'visa' when we left the next day. He made us feel very welcome.
A charming retreat amid the chaos
San Jose is a bit of a chaotic city and the area in which the hotel is situated doesn't look too promising, but once we had stepped inside the door of the Hotel Santo Tomas all doubts put to rest.
First of all, the welcome from reception staff was warm and professional, then we were shown to our room in the original part of the hotel which can only be described as spacious and gracious. There was no view from an external window, but that was probably an advantage as it meant that street noise hardly penetrated the room, as a consequence of which we had four good nights' sleep.
The location of the hotel is excellent if you want to explore the city on foot or to travel by public transport, so suited our purposes admirably. I don't think I would like to try to drive a car there - our friends who came in by car from Carthago to see us had considerable trouble. And they are Ticos. There is a small pool and jacuzzi and also a gym and airy upstairs lounge area, but I regret to say we didn't make use of any of them. Breakfast was not terribly inspiring compared to other accommodation we stayed in on our Costa Rican tour -choice was fairly limited and there was not a lot of fruit - but it did the job. We had excellent advice from reception staff about places to eat in the area and how to find the buses we needed, and were very grateful for that. All in all a great place to stay if you need to spend a few nights in San Jose.