- Very Good
- 26 guest reviews
"Great value for money, in a beautiful location. The hotel is clearly set up for coach parties, however was friendly and clean with good faci..."
"Brilliant service food was amazing. Good value we will definitely return. Maybe in the summer. Wonderful setting...."
"Have stayed here a few times and enjoyed each time. Staff are great and can't fault the value for money the hotel offers. It is needing a bi..."
"First impressions of the hotel were very nice, clean and friendly. We walked to our room and were greeted by an odd smell which I can only t..."
About the hotel
Priding itself on its warm and friendly 'Northern Hospitality', the George Hotel is set on the banks of the North Tyne in a beautiful setting overlooking Chesters Roman Bridge and Hadrian's Wall beyond. Surrounded by beautiful gardens and good walking, the Hotel boasts open fires, friendly staff and locally sourced and freshly prepared food. Five miles from Hexham, voted Britain's most picturesque market town by Country Life magazine, the Hotel is the perfect place to relax and enjoy a short break.
Showing Friday 9 October 2015 to Saturday 10 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Jacuzzi , Croquet , Fishing
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
62% would recommend it to a friend
Could do with a face-lift.
Lovely setting, though we looked over back of hotel.
First impression poor- we used the public toilets downstairs and found them dirty. Room was clean but cold and a large travel cot and old ironing board cluttered up room. Bathroom was spacious with a good shower and plenty of hot water. Toiletries were few and poorly presented. Hotel decor tired. It lacks the finishing touches to add warmth and charm. Breakfast was ok. Staff helpful. All in all I expected better for the price.
The George Hotel
Room was very dated and décor scruffy.
Shower had water leak at base and shower head was dirty. Smoke alarm in room had what looked like chewing gum on it. Leisure club was in need of some TLC. Had no issues with staff.