- Very Good
- 83 guest reviews
"I stayed for one night on business. Beautiful old fashioned hotel, good food, friendly staff and clean comfortable bed. I will be staying ag..."
"This hotel provides the opportunity to relax in beautiful surroundings or be actively occupied using leisure facilities available. Excellent..."
"My room whilst admittedly a single was over stuffed with old dated furniture all in dire need of updating the fixtures and fittings were the..."
"I have stayed here a few times now and love the place for it's laid back style as if from an earlier time, and I wouldn't want that to chang..."
"Lovely old charm, rooms a bit small and limited bar but food was excellent and surroundings..."
About the hotel
The Palace Hotel is a gracious Victorian building set in 25 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens and woodlands. Comfortable bedrooms are equipped with every modern amenity and most overlook the hotel's magnificent grounds. Leisure facilities at the Palace are second to none: an outdoor and indoor heated swimming pool, 9-hole par 3 short championship golf course, two indoor and four outdoor tennis courts with a resident qualified coach, squash, snooker, croquet, gym and sauna ensure there is something for all, twelve months of the year.
Torquay's excellent shopping is just five minutes away. Evenings spent at the Palace are a delicious combination of elegant indulgence, good company and a real sense of occasion. Crisp white linen tablecloths and serviettes together with polished silver set the scene for a sophisticated and elegant dinner. Surrounded by the South Hams and with the fishing port of Brixham just across the bay, the daily changing menus resonate with freshness. Locally caught Sea Bass, Lemon Sole, Scallops and Lobster shine alongside fresh meat, game, fruit and vegetables. For those that can, the sweet trolley is amazing. Devonshire clotted or double cream is an optional extra! Please note: The dress code in the restaurant is jacket and tie. Please note: All bedrooms and public areas are now completely NON SMOKING.
Showing Tuesday 9 February 2016 to Wednesday 10 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Car parking available onsite
- Meeting Facilities , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Outdoor Pool , Golf 9 Hole , Sauna , Croquet , Squash Courts , Tennis Courts , Table Tennis , Snooker/Billiards
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
I stayed for one night on business.
Beautiful old fashioned hotel, good food, friendly staff and clean comfortable bed. I will be staying again in the near future.
Palace Hotel. Enjoy tranquil beauty
This hotel provides the opportunity to relax in beautiful surroundings or be actively occupied using leisure facilities available.
Excellent accommodation with pleasant staff to enhance the overall experience. All of this is achieved within an ageing building which is a challenge. Well done all at the Palace