- 9 guest reviews
"Beautiful room, excellent food...."
"Enjoyed our stay at this lovely hotel - would definitely recommend it and would certainly stay there again..."
"Fantastic staff and lovely old hotel..."
"Reception welcoming, rooms clean (one fairly modern the other dated) the hotel is old but nonetheless access to our room was difficult, up s..."
About the hotel
This charming hotel is situated in the centre of Wallingford, a pretty market town of fine Georgian and Elizabethan houses. A former 16th century coaching inn, The George boasts attractive bedrooms with every modern amenity, a first class restaurant and friendly bars.
Showing Tuesday 2 June 2015 to Wednesday 3 June 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for George Hotel in Wallingford are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
33% would recommend it to a friend
Falling apart and over priced
The greeting by Melanie on front desk was lovely and it was all downhill from there.....This hotel is in very poor condition and needs investment.
Both wardrobe handles fell off, the toilet roll holder was hanging off the wall. The lack of shower pressure meant leaning against the wall to get wet whilst trying to avoid an old shower curtain in a narrow bath. Tiles were hanging off behind the basin. The little TV in the corner of the room was 20 years old and made by Goldstar. The mattresses were way past their useful life. Only positive was that the room was a good size. The communal areas have threadbare carpets especially on the stairs and smell musty. At £115 Room Only for a night this offered dreadful value for money. The place needs a complete re-fit or needs to be sold for £50 per night....it's that bad......
Stayed in room 305.
Nice room, but stayed in better for the rate paid. Bed comfortable , but unable to sleep past 7 am due to other guests having showers etc that meant the water pressure in the pipes caused the non-stop "whistling kettle " effect until we left at 09:30. Informed reception of this and it was " oh well, did you have a nice stay though".