- 9 guest reviews
"Perfect for a short relaxing break..."
"The George is beautiful, the room was lovely and ALL of the staff were exceptional. If I had to pick an area for improvement, it would be th..."
"The George is a lovely country hotel in a really nice village, Hathersage. I turned up late at night, so literally went straight to bed, but..."
"We were made very welcome and assisted with our luggage on arrival. Our room was spacious and comfortable. The food was excellent and very p..."
About the hotel
Located in the picturesque village of Hathersage, just 10 miles from Sheffield, The George Hotel offers Free Wi-Fi and has an excellent 2AA rosette restaurant. Formerly a 500 year old inn, this highly rated Derbyshire hotel in the heart of the Peak District has been transformed into a relaxing haven in which to unwind. Featuring contemporary décor and award winning cuisine by chef Helen Haywood, the George retains its charm and character whilst offering every modern amenity.
Early in 1997 the entire hotel was completely renovated, whilst its original character was preserved by tasteful retaining of stone walls, oak beams, open fires and antique furniture. All bedrooms feature en suite private bathroom with shower, Free Wi-Fi, lounging area, study desk, computer points, remote control television, direct dial telephone, clock radio, trouser press and beverage facility. Superior rooms are generally larger rooms with robes, minibars, DVDs and extra toiletries. The George's Restaurant has recently undergone an extensive refurbishment, bringing an up to date feel, with cool colours, wooden flooring and feature lighting. This more contemporary approach complements completely Chef Helen Haywood's approach to his cooking - modern in style, using fresh ideas and only the freshest of ingredients, presenting quality and flair. The restaurant has 2AA rosettes for quality. Please note: The restaurant is very busy, therefore it is essential to pre-book your table by phoning the hotel directly to avoid disappointment. Room service is available during restaurant hours. The hotel is an ideal base for visiting stately homes in the vicinity, i. e. Chatsworth, Haddon Hall and Hardwick Hall. Walkers are spoilt for choice as the hotel is set in beautiful countryside. An additional 5% service levy will be charged on all goods and services supplied during your stay, for distribution directly to staff.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Cots available , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room , Limited Hours Room Service , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Translation Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Radio
- CD Player
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 01/10/2012 to 31/10/2020 - An additional 5% service levy will be charged on all goods and services supplied during your stay, for distribution directly to staff. (This charge is in addition to any rates quoted on this site) The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Perfect for a short relaxing break