- Very Good
- 16 guest reviews
"An outstanding venue. Beautiful grounds, castle & views. The Birds of prey were fascinating to watch. Friendly, helpful staff. The room & ba..."
"My partner and I spent 3 nights at at castle, we stayed in the Bentley room which was very nice, a huge 4 poster bed in a spacious and clean..."
"Beautiful place, excellent food and service. Staff very attentative and spa treatments a must..."
"The room was a good size and clean and the bed was very comfortable. It was very noticeable that dirty glasses etc do not get cleared up st..."
"Delightfully picturesque setting.Staff were friendly and helpful.On arrival to our room toiletries were inadequate for 2 female guests but w..."
About the hotel
Rising majestically above the Cheshire landscape, the castle is both enigmatic and enchanting. Originally the home of Lord Tollemache and built in the early 19th Century, this Grade I listed building is the only intact medieval style Castle in the country. Over the years the castle has been the location for numerous movies including Robin Hood and Dr Who.
Now owned by the Naylor family, the stunning exterior has been complemented by a loving and considered restoration programme resulting in a magnificent hotel and venue offering contemporary luxury and impeccable service. Services include 48 stunning individual guest rooms, conference, events, and wedding facilities for up to 180. Tranquility beauty, on site Falconry and team activities all adding up to a rather magical experience. This captivating castle offers 48 stunning bedrooms, all individually designed and beautifully appointed, blending luxury and contemporary décor befit to any King or Queen, Prince or Princess. From executive rooms, spacious with relaxation areas, fairy-tale four poster rooms, suites for a romantic break to family rooms that comfortably accommodate parents with the little ones, all the guestrooms boast original features designed with complete luxury in mind. The individual styling perfectly complements the original features creating a real sense of history and modern majestic flair. They ooze opulence and are so inviting and comfortable. The historical original features blend seamlessly with the modern comforts of today's living with all rooms offering full en-suite bathroom facilities, flat screen televisions, complimentary high speed Wi-Fi, hospitality trays, plus the usual direct dial telephones, hairdryers, irons and ironing boards and 24 –hour in room dining.
Showing Friday 9 October 2015 to Saturday 10 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite , Valet Parking
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Pitch n' Putt , Mountain Bike Hire , Quad Biking , Clay Pigeon Shooting
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
88% would recommend it to a friend
A Night in a castle treat
An outstanding venue.
Beautiful grounds, castle & views. The Birds of prey were fascinating to watch. Friendly, helpful staff. The room & bathroom were both excellent. I would highly recommend you try this castle. :)
My partner and I spent 3 nights at at castle, we stayed in the Bentley room which was very nice, a huge 4 poster bed in a spacious and clean room with a great bathroom which has a choice of shower cubicle and a big bath tub.
We stayed late January and although the weather was bitterly cold outside the whole hotel was lovely and warm as was the welcome from the friendly staff. The only small negative was late night noise from what we guessed were a pre wedding party returning to their rooms in the early hours. I would recommend this hotel as unique and comfortable country break with the surrounding countryside accessible for quite easy hiking if you don't mind a few smallish hills.