- 46 guest reviews
"Excellent hotel, full of character, very helpful friendly staff, very clean, enjoyed our stay very much, will certainly visit again...."
"The Rutland arms gives a great first impression. Staff were very friendly and helpful and the bar had a nice atmosphere. Rooms were nice and..."
"Room was comfortable, found by following the lovely quirky corridors, and overlooked the courtyard. Couple of plug sockets didn't work but t..."
"We stayed for one night, the weekend before Christmas. We had a superior double in the attic which was brilliant and worth the extra money...."
"Stayed in a twin room with my grown up daughter. It was perfectly adequate for a one night bargain break but sad in décor and beds were basi..."
About the hotel
Situated on the High Street in the centre of Newmarket, this 17th century former coaching inn offers original period features with modernised facilities. Offers easy access to the famous horse racing tracks and the National Horseracing Museum, a 2-minute walk from the property. With excellent road access to the historic city of Cambridge, 14 miles away, and the stunning cathedral at Ely, 13 miles away, a stay at the Rutland Arms can offer a glimpse of England's heritage.
The hotel offers complimentary car parking for guests and free wifi for guests. The Rutland Arms Hotel features the Nell Gwynn bar, where guests can enjoy coffee during the day - or a game of pool in the evening, and also the award-winning Carriages Wine Bar and Restaurant. The classically decorated rooms have some original period features, and they have an en suite bathroom, a flat-screen TV, and tea/coffee making facilities.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Doctor on call
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
61% would recommend it to a friend
The room was disgusting for the value for money
Everything about the room was dated, hairdryer had come from the 1950's.
The complete room was absolutely out dated. The room cost £160 per night, I stay away a lot and I wouldn't of paid £45 for this room. Breakfast in the morning took a long time and the cooked breakfast was poor quality and the bacon was well over cooked. I am not a complainer believe me, but I feel the need to voice my opinion after my experience.
Excellent hotel, full of character, very helpful friendly staff, very clean, enjoyed our stay very much, will certainly visit again.