- Very Good
- 55 guest reviews
"Came up for a honeymoon. Everyone was lovely and welcoming...."
"The second floor room worried me (I don't do stairs), but there was a lift!!..."
"Bit dated but clean, nice food in the bar and friendly staff..."
"Basic facilities and tired decor but ideal for either a travel stopover or an area base. Would definitely stay again...."
"This establishment is staffed by friendly people who give you a warm welcome. The hotel is an older building but the room was clean and well..."
About the hotel
A former coaching inn, the Royal Hotel is one of the best-equipped hotels on the North Coast of Scotland. The Royal retains a warm and friendly atmosphere, which help to make it one of the most popular hotels in the area. The North Coast of Scotland is still relatively undiscovered, yet it is surprisingly easy to travel there.
The hotel makes an excellent base for trips to the Orkney Islands and the ferry from John O'Groats takes only 45 minutes. There are 103 en-suite rooms, all offering wireless Internet access, Freeview TV and tea and coffee-making facilities. The hotel is close to the beach and guests wishing to visit the exquisite scenery of Orkney can take a short ferry journey to this captivating island. Further sightseeing opportunities can be found at John O’Groats, the Castle of Mey or Old St Peter’s Church. Guests arriving for business purposes can make use of our business centre services and conference rooms, all with Wi-Fi access.
Showing Saturday 23 May 2015 to Sunday 24 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Porter, Lift to all floors
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for The Royal Hotel Thurso - a Bespoke Hotel in Thurso are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
84% would recommend it to a friend
Came up for a honeymoon.
Everyone was lovely and welcoming.
Central, decent accommodation
The second floor room worried me (I don't do stairs), but there was a lift!.