- 25 guest reviews
"Booked on laterooms, stayed for 3 nights, excellent value, room spacious, bed comfy, large en suite. Staff friendly. We ate in the bar on ou..."
"Perfectly adequate for a one night stay. Good value. Hotel is a bit "tired" looking. Room was basic but clean. Evening meal in the bar was u..."
"Needed 2 single rooms for one night, and I could only get one. The room was very small, and at ground level by a reasonably well used road(..."
"there was a hair in the bath and the corridor windows and sills were grubby. The information sign at the entrance to the dining room was so..."
"Rooms were a bit small and it would have been nice to have a twin instead of a double but nothing available. Bathroom a bit dated but worked..."
About the hotel
A former coaching inn, the Royal Hotel is one of the best-equipped hotels on the North Coast of Scotland. The Royal retains a warm and friendly atmosphere, which help to make it one of the most popular hotels in the area. The North Coast of Scotland is still relatively undiscovered, yet it is surprisingly easy to travel there.
The hotel makes an excellent base for trips to the Orkney Islands and the ferry from John O'Groats takes only 45 minutes. There are 103 en-suite rooms, all offering wireless Internet access, Freeview TV and tea and coffee-making facilities. The hotel is close to the beach and guests wishing to visit the exquisite scenery of Orkney can take a short ferry journey to this captivating island. Further sightseeing opportunities can be found at John O’Groats, the Castle of Mey or Old St Peter’s Church. Guests arriving for business purposes can make use of our business centre services and conference rooms, all with Wi-Fi access.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Porter, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
68% would recommend it to a friend
Lovely hotel, great location, good value, friendly staff.
Booked on laterooms, stayed for 3 nights, excellent value, room spacious, bed comfy, large en suite.
Staff friendly. We ate in the bar on our first night, food good. Breakfast good each morning. Hotel in good central location in town, has a hotel car park, and there is also parking in the street across the road. Would definitely recommend. Will be back.
The Royal Hotel Thurso - a Bespoke Hotel
Perfectly adequate for a one night stay.
Good value. Hotel is a bit "tired" looking. Room was basic but clean. Evening meal in the bar was uninspiring pub grub but freshly cooked. Breakfast was good.