- 41 guest reviews
"Room spotlessly clean, warm & comfortable; power shower in the en suite with plenty of hot water; décor perhaps a bit tired and dated, but e..."
"Booked at the last minute when someone else let me down. Single room, small and a bit cramped, but warm and comfortable. Excellent bathroom..."
"Lovely old hotel, offsite parking, clean rooms with telly, desk, chair, side tables, heating, shampoo/soap etc, bath & shower! Prompt servic..."
"I had read some derogatory remarks before travelling and wondered if they were correct. No, they were not. The hotel was easy to find and I..."
"Lovely service and nice rooms. Our shower wasn't working very well in our room but as soon as we said to reception we were given another roo..."
About the hotel
A former coaching inn, the Royal Hotel is one of the best-equipped hotels on the North Coast of Scotland. The Royal retains a warm and friendly atmosphere, which help to make it one of the most popular hotels in the area. The North Coast of Scotland is still relatively undiscovered, yet it is surprisingly easy to travel there.
The hotel makes an excellent base for trips to the Orkney Islands and the ferry from John O'Groats takes only 45 minutes. There are 103 en-suite rooms, all offering wireless Internet access, Freeview TV and tea and coffee-making facilities. The hotel is close to the beach and guests wishing to visit the exquisite scenery of Orkney can take a short ferry journey to this captivating island. Further sightseeing opportunities can be found at John O’Groats, the Castle of Mey or Old St Peter’s Church. Guests arriving for business purposes can make use of our business centre services and conference rooms, all with Wi-Fi access.
Showing Wednesday 10 February 2016 to Thursday 11 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Porter , Lift to all floors
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
71% would recommend it to a friend
Room spotlessly clean, warm & comfortable; power shower in the en suite with plenty of hot water; décor perhaps a bit tired and dated, but excellent value for money.
Staff are very friendly and helpful, and they serve a great cooked breakfast from 7am; handy for a hard working contractor. Off road parking too.... if you're quick. Should also mention that I left some stuff here in a suitcase last time I stayed & the hotel stored it for me free of charge. What's not to like?
Stay has been okay so far.
Lack of room service and other facilities are not so good. Can't get food after a certain time which isn't good for me.