- 36 guest reviews
"Whilst this hotel is part of a larger chain, I found the staff, who were all locals, really passionate about the place. Located on Thurso's..."
"Not a modern hotel, but is homely, so would stay again. Food and service was very good. Parking area was disappointing for a hotel of this s..."
"Parts of the hotel looked tired and worn out, but the rooms were clean and had everything we needed. The staff were very friendly and helpfu..."
"Room spotlessly clean, warm & comfortable; power shower in the en suite with plenty of hot water; décor perhaps a bit tired and dated, but e..."
"Booked at the last minute when someone else let me down. Single room, small and a bit cramped, but warm and comfortable. Excellent bathroom..."
About the hotel
A former coaching inn, the Royal Hotel is one of the best-equipped hotels on the North Coast of Scotland. The Royal retains a warm and friendly atmosphere, which help to make it one of the most popular hotels in the area. The North Coast of Scotland is still relatively undiscovered, yet it is surprisingly easy to travel there.
The hotel makes an excellent base for trips to the Orkney Islands and the ferry from John O'Groats takes only 45 minutes. There are 103 en-suite rooms, all offering wireless Internet access, Freeview TV and tea and coffee-making facilities. The hotel is close to the beach and guests wishing to visit the exquisite scenery of Orkney can take a short ferry journey to this captivating island. Further sightseeing opportunities can be found at John O’Groats, the Castle of Mey or Old St Peter’s Church. Guests arriving for business purposes can make use of our business centre services and conference rooms, all with Wi-Fi access.
Showing Thursday 5 May 2016 to Friday 6 May 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Porter , Lift to all floors
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
69% would recommend it to a friend
Excellent value for money hotel
Whilst this hotel is part of a larger chain, I found the staff, who were all locals, really passionate about the place.
Located on Thurso's main street it offers good food, good standards of accommodation and is an excellent base for touring Scotland's north coast and Orkney.
Not a modern hotel, but is homely, so would stay again.
Food and service was very good. Parking area was disappointing for a hotel of this size.