- 69 guest reviews
"Although it did seem a popular hotel with coach trips I thought it was very old and dated and could do with refurbishment. For the price I..."
"Although this hotel is a bit dog-eared in places, it is still a very nice hotel (it could do with a bit of refurbishing). I have still rated..."
"Brilliant customer service. Rooms could be better, they need updated. Apart from that, they were clean...."
"Very tired building in desperate need of renovation. First impressions are awful, so delapidated from the outside. The inside isn't much bet..."
"The room was on the main street which was very noisy. Next time I will ask for a room an the back of hotel...."
About the hotel
A beautiful listed building, the non smoking County Hotel still retains its Georgian Grandeur as well as providing modern spacious accommodation, free wireless internet access in all bedrooms and public areas and conference facilities. Situated in the heart of Carlisle, this 3 star hotel overlooks the splendid twin towers of King Henry VIII's historic Citadel and is opposite the railway station. With 2 miles from junction 43 on M6 the hotel is an ideal base for exploring north Cumbria and the Lake District.
Open daily for breakfast and dinner the Gallerie restaurant offers a choice of a la Carte or table d'hote menus, complemented by a good selection of wines and liqueurs. New lift has been installed.
Showing Tuesday 28 July 2015 to Wednesday 29 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Bar
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Lift to all floors
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 21/03/2011 to 31/03/2014 - Please note this hotel will charge or Pre-authorize your card upon arrival The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
54% would recommend it to a friend
My Nights accommodation at the County Hotel, Carlisle on 6 July 2015
Although it did seem a popular hotel with coach trips I thought it was very old and dated and could do with refurbishment.
For the price I suppose it wasn't too bad for one night, but do prefer something rather more luxurious. I did think, however, the staff were very nice and helpful.
Old and run down
This hotel is old and run down.
Some like this old look but they still need to update things such as the TV etc. I had to be moved rooms due to the first room having a none working TV but rather than looking into it they just gave me a freebies box and scart lead which still did not work. After an hour they moved me to a family room. The food at breakfast was poor, looked like it had been out for hours and the bread stale. The staff in the restaurant were rude and 'straight to the point'
It was very hot in the room and the mattress not very comfy at all