- Very Good
- 9 guest reviews
"Lovely place. Comfortable and friendly hotel with top quality food and service...."
"I didn't know what to expect when I booked a nights stay at this accommodation. Having neither visited the hotel nor the town of Witney befo..."
"Staff extremely friendly, room was large and very clean. Restaurant food was extremely tasty and the bar had a wide range of drinks availabl..."
"This was an old Pub that was a Coaching Inn and now has been modernised and trendy. Tha Bar area is small and the Bar Staff are preparing dr..."
"Simply the best Value for Money b and b..."
About the hotel
Beer, Bread, Blankets. These are the staples that historically, Witney is famous for. The Blue Boar redefines these symbols, providing a stylish bar, restaurant and rooms in which quality and comfort is paramount.
Formerly known as The Marlborough Hotel, The Blue Boar has benefited from a £3m investment, and boasts 20 boutique style bedrooms and an elegant function room. Each of the 20 en-suite bedrooms is individually designed in boutique-style, with luxury bathrooms and of course, the famous Witney blankets. All of the rooms also feature iPod docking stations, flatscreen televisions, tea and coffee making facilities and free WiFi. Whether visiting the Blue Boar for business or for pleasure, the high quality finish of the rooms guarantees a warm and comfortable stay.
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , CD Player , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Minibar in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
67% would recommend it to a friend
The Blue Boar
Comfortable and friendly hotel with top quality food and service.
First impressions lasts.
I didn't know what to expect when I booked a nights stay at this accommodation.
Having neither visited the hotel nor the town of Witney before. On both counts my wife and I were pleasantly surprised, the room was clean and spacious, and the staff consisted of people who were friendly and helpful with a good level of local knowledge to steer you to the right places to visits. One major bugbear, it has to be said, is the parking. Although the town offers free parking of varying time limits you find yourself moving the car around like musical chairs each time it reaches its limit accordingly. Luckily there was much better parking to be found with the benefit of the ever so helpful local hotel staff. But I'm not going to tell you where it is...you'll have to stay at the Blue Boar to find that out!