- Very Good
- 12 guest reviews
"I fancied a change form the company preferred hotel, so I had a look at Late rooms. Lovely hotel, great steak, wireless and a good breakfast..."
"A real old skool (that's a compliment!) beautiful boutique Cotswolds stone building in a wonderful setting. Our room was a standard - up in..."
"We loved the place, pity that food didn't match it...."
"Very quiet on a mid-week January evening stay. Receptionist a bit overrun at check-in running between serving at the bar, answering phone an..."
"Had a long day, ready for bed and a good nights sleep. Did not happen, I was in a room over the dining room (room 8) and the customer noise..."
About the hotel
The Cotswold Plough is a perfect example of a 16th Century, stylish yet informal hotel. The hotel is perfectly located to explore landmark Cotswold towns, the rolling countryside and the Dreaming Spires of Oxford. Bampton, home to Downton Abbey, is right on the doorstep, Burford only 15 mins away and is the nearest hotel to Kelmscott Manor home to William Morris in 1878.
The Cotswold Plough has 11 elegant, confortable and spacious en-suite bedrooms, a restaurant and a bar serving local ales, quality everyday dining options, open fires and a sunshine terrace for Al fresco dining. The hotel offers something for everyone all year round, with an idyllic charm that allows guests to relax in comfort and there is free Wifi throughout. The restaurant serves an a la cate menu of seasonal mouth-watering dishes. Whereas the bar offers a more traditional British menu and the hotel's most unique offering: a Gin Pantry with over 150 individual gins and an incomparable knowledge of these drinks and their accompaniments.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services , Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:30 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
92% would recommend it to a friend
A nice place to stay
I fancied a change form the company preferred hotel, so I had a look at Late rooms.
Lovely hotel, great steak, wireless and a good breakfast. All the traveller needs.
Absolute gem of a find! A beautiful, cosy quaint welcome, lovely food & a gin pantry with 300+ gins
A real old skool (that's a compliment!) beautiful boutique Cotswolds stone building in a wonderful setting.
Our room was a standard - up in the eves - with original leaded windows overlooking the lovely garden, and charmed us with quirk and slightly wonky floor that you'd expect from a period property. It even had a bath - although very diddy indeed - recessed into the nooks and crannies of the bathroom conversion. Perhaps truthfully our room's bath/shower arrangement may not be quite spacious enough for all ages and abilities due to the angled roof and slightly confined wrap around shower curtain, but that's only likely to be the case with the 2 upstairs rooms I'm sure. But for us, these are all the sorts of charming character traits that we love.
The bed was lovely and comfortable, the room a decent size and well furnished (including the KitKats!). The food was great - we enjoyed breakfasts and had dinner in the restaurant on both nights, which was our choice. We would have loved to have had afternoon tea too, but it's always a good sign if they're fully booked, unless you're the ones who haven't booked. Finally, a very fun USP for The Cotwolds Plough, is their Gin Pantry. They have hundreds of gins available - it's like stepping into some apothecary where there are shelves and shelves of gins from all corners of the world, in all flavours and nuances. They have a full menu on hand, along with friendly and informed staff who give their helpful advice (you can even book various Gin Experiences). Overall a lovely find, cosy, great food, welcoming staff and a beautiful setting. With gin to suit all tastes. Thank you.