- 33 guest reviews
"A little dated and slightly dilapidated, but clean and tidy with friendly, helpful staff. Breakfast was reasonable...."
"The hotel was once a lovely site, it still has a lot of the charm but is lacking maintenance. I had a lovely big room, lovely views out of t..."
"Great hotel and friendly..."
"Arrived early and room sorted out for us. Old run down building but beautiful and clean. Staff friendly and treat customers well. Definitely..."
"The breakfast was good - the staff tried their best but... On arrival I had to park in the public car park across the road and was greeted b..."
About the hotel
The Huntly Arms Hotel is set in the picturesque village of Aboyne, surrounded by the beautiful Cairngorms Park and a stones throw from the River Dee. Probably the oldest coaching inn to be found in Scotland, the hotel dates back to 1432 and has played host to Jacobite leaders and later to Queen Victoria, who often rested at the Hotel on her way to Balmoral. The Huntly Arms has 50 en-suite bedrooms from most of which you can witness spectacular scenery.
The hotel provides a perfect base from which to explore the North East Coast of Scotland or for the more energetic, experience some of the most scenic walks in the area.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Golf 18 Hole , Mountain Bike Hire , Snooker/Billiards , Fishing
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Room Service , Wake Up Call Available
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
55% would recommend it to a friend
A little disappointed
My friend and I were playing at a wedding nearby and needed to stay over.
The main thing we were disappointed with was the lack of wifi in the upper rooms. Given that the mobile reception in the area seems to be very poor and that we couldn't access the hotel's wifi, we had no communication at all. Other than that the room was satisfactory but I would not have wanted to pay more than £50 as the room was very basic and in need of an upgrade. Lastly, I appreciate that staff can be busy but we were not at all asked about our stay, encouraged to return or said goodbye to even thought two members of staff were behind the front desk.
On a more positive note we enjoyed our breakfast!
Clean and tidy with helpful staff
A little dated and slightly dilapidated, but clean and tidy with friendly, helpful staff.
Breakfast was reasonable.