- Very Good
- 189 guest reviews
"The hotel was very busy the first night we arrived so we had to eat at a low table in the bar, basically off our knee.The food overall was e..."
"Very happy with hotel and good weather made for a lovely week..."
"We both really enjoyed our stay at the Carnoustie Golf Hotel - easy drive from Edinburgh for a refreshing few days by the sea. Great weather..."
"A very good hotel offering excellent service and luxurious surroundings. The room was comfortable and spotlessly clean. Very satisfied with..."
"Lovely spacious, clean family room with a fantastic view over the golf course and the sea. Staff very friendly and polite. Thought we might..."
About the hotel
Scotland`s premier luxury golfing and leisure destination is the ideal venue for golf days, corporate events or relaxing short breaks. Popular with non golfers too, Carnoustie offers luxurious leisure facilities and the chance to explore local castles, distilleries and the superb local countryside. Visitors can enjoy some of the most stunning views in Scotland as well as some of the most stimulating golfing experiences in the world.
The Carnoustie Championship 18- hole course is recognised as one of the top three courses in the country and was the proud host of The Open in 2007. The hotel is located adjoining the first tee and 18th green and there are two other challenging links courses nearby-The Burnside Course and Buddon Links. (There are also 200 other golf courses within a two -hour drive including St. Andrews. ) Walkers and anglers, as well as golfers, are in their element here and our friendly staff are always on hand to offer help and advice to make sure that you make the most of your stay.
Showing Sunday 19 April 2015 to Monday 20 April 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Golf 18 Hole, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for Carnoustie Golf Hotel & Spa - a Bespoke Hotel in Carnoustie are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
85% would recommend it to a friend
Staying at Carnoustie
Having stayed at the Carnoustie Golf Hotel on several occasions whilst on golfing holidays in the past, I was very disappointed to see the decline in the hotel during my stay.
The hotel itself is looking shabby, chipped doors, cracked lamps in bedrooms, poor maintenance also in bedrooms. The food was fine when it eventually arrived, I waited 40 minutes for a burger. Customer service was okay but not excellent, staff look disinterested in the guests. The gym facilities were small but good but the steam room was very shabby and poorly maintained, did not feel clean.
Good but could be better?
The hotel was very busy the first night we arrived so we had to eat at a low table in the bar, basically off our knee.The food overall was excellent, superb flavour but the portions were a bit small - and I had to ask for a spoon to eat my pie since the inside was so runny.
Breakfast - served poached eggs (requested fried) and hard boiled eggs (requested soft). Asked for alternative to the blue cheese (continental style breakfast) and my partner was finished before my breakfast was replaced. These things were minor enough really, and compensated for by friendly staff; a relaxed atmosphere; good sleep in remarkably quiet room given it overlooked the car park and that the hotel was busy; comfortable, good size room (bathroom cupboards could do with a coat of varnish maybe?) and welcoming lounge/bar areas to relax in. Beauty treatment (by Ashlyn) well worth it, but do book in advance.