- Very Good
- 21 guest reviews
"Worth the money but could easily be better. Decent hotel in fairness, and close to Wolverhampton racecourse. A few little niggles that could..."
"Extremely helpful receptionist, accommadation very clean and good value for money...."
"Stayed here for three nights. Nice little place, clean and functional. Would stay here again and recommend to people...."
"Very pleasant stay, good service from reception and a nice breakfast in the morning. Thanks..."
About the hotel
All 14 luxury rooms have recently been refurbished to the highest standards and offer exceptional quality. Each room has been designed individually to give a relaxing feel to your stay. Tea & coffee making facilities, SKY TV & Broadband available in all rooms, SKY Sports are available in our superior rooms.
Price includes room plus Continental Breakfast. Please make sure you state the correct amount of guests as it is needed for breakfasts. Afternoon Tea is served from 12pm everyday, please book in advance. Our restaurant is now open Mon-Thurs 6-8:30pm. We host 'Happy Hours' every Friday between 5-9pm. The quality of the York Hotel Wolverhampton has also been noted by a wider audience as we have been made finalists in the Black Country Tourism Best Small Hotel Awards 2008.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View) , [Channels] Foreign (European) , [Channels] Foreign (Other) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
76% would recommend it to a friend
I have stayed here a few times and the service has been adequate, however my most recent visit was very disappointing.
My room was not clean - there were long hairs and dust throughout the accommodation - something I gently pointed out to the management after 2 nights of staying there. The prompting was not acted upon - the towels were merely changed and the tea cup washed. The dated milk in my fridge expired, yet remained unchanged 3 days after such date. the room has a skylight without blind - so in May - with the sun up around 5am, you are in complete daylight. The food was never brilliant, but this time, on the one occasion I ventured down for breakfast, the options were simply cold bacon and congealed scrambled egg, with no-one visible to talk to about it. Given the above, and despite the friendliness of 4 staff I encountered here, I considered one night in 5 taking breakfast, as poor value. I walked to a nearby place and paid for breakfast on the remaining mornings. The location is ideal for me, but this last visit was poor. I used to recommend, but I cannot, unless things improve, sadly.
The York Hotel
Worth the money but could easily be better.
Decent hotel in fairness, and close to Wolverhampton racecourse. A few little niggles that could easily be sorted. Check in was straight forward.. on first impressions the room was nice, bathroom on the small side of tiny but I was only there for 1 night so didn't mind. Single bed was a bit of a pain but as I said.. it was one night. I had no milk in the room for tea and didn't realise until I got back quite late and fancied a cuppa. In the morning I had to guess where to go for breakfast as I hadn't been told but it wasn't too hard to work out. Breakfast was of limited choice when I got down there (9am) but there was milk for a cuppa. No sausages, beans or eggs.. just a few rashers of bacon and some Brown bread. I'm sure if I had asked someone would have arranged for more to be made. All in all its a good hotel and I didn't voice any of my issues so didn't give the hotel a chance to rectify them. I would stay again as it's cheap and cheerful but classy as well.