- Very Good
- 22 guest reviews
"Just perfect really we booked online bit of a random choice on our way back from the northwest and found ourselves a a little gem of a place..."
"Very pleasant stay - the only downside was room above kitchen, the weather was hot so windows needed to be open & the noise from the kitchen..."
"We enjoyed out two night stay at The White Lion. The bed pillows were very comfy - so important for a chronic insomniac - I actually slept r..."
"Have use this hotel several times before and love it. It is a little "ragged" around the edges but it is a comfortable and welcoming place t..."
About the hotel
The philosophy at The White Lion is simple. . .
We offer old fashioned hospitality with attentive service, good food, comfortable room and value for money. A traditional, family run, hotel with the emphasis on offering the best in hotel services. Our 13 rooms are individually decorated with two of them, The Rose Room and The Wild Goose Room mentioned in Henry Fieldings famous book entitled The History Of Tom Jones, were he mentioned the hotel as the fairest inn on the street and a house of excedingly good repute, both standards we ahear to today. We have won numerous awards for our food and service from the AA, RAC, English Tourist Board, Johansens and the local council to name but a few so come on and discover our riverside town and Upton's little secret for yourself. We have a clinetel that is both business and lesiure orentated so there is no reason not to give us a call.
- Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in public areas
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
Just perfect really we booked online bit of a random choice on our way back from the northwest and found ourselves a a little gem of a place.The rooms were lovely and a four poster in our room was great comfortable and roomy and a clean and tidy bathroom.
Then the evening meal i had lamb three ways and there highly original creme brulee washed down with lovely local beers.After a lovely nights sleep a hearty breakfast was also a star turn i would not hesitate to recommend this hotel it really was 10/10 all round.
The White Lion Hotel
Very pleasant stay - the only downside was room above kitchen, the weather was hot so windows needed to be open & the noise from the kitchen disturbed sleep