- Very Good
- 12 guest reviews
"We had a lovely stay in the hotel, the staff were lovely, but they were a bit short staffed which meant a bit of confusing waiting on arriva..."
"As mentioned in the title, the location is great - the hotel faces Windsor Castle. But as the hotel has no parking, you need to plan ahead a..."
"Good value room for a bank holiday weekend. Check in was quick (some odd issue about having to pay up front if you use Amex to pay). Room wa..."
"Room was lovely overlooking Windsor Castle..."
"Couldn't really fault the room. Our first trip to Windsor and the hotel was slap bang in the middle of everything you could possibly need! N..."
About the hotel
Formed from two 14th-century inns, The Harte & Garter sits directly opposite the historic Windsor Castle in Windsor town centre. The property boasts free WiFi and a luxury health spa. Featuring many original Victorian features, the hotel offers elegant bedrooms with high ceilings and satellite flat-screen TVs.
Each room has a luxurious private bathroom and some rooms enjoy stunning views of the castle. The Hotel has 98 bedrooms. 79 in the main building and 19 in Goswell House located at the rear of the hotel with its own separate entrance. The hotel does not have a car park. Local car parking is available for guests to use within walking distance of the hotel. The spa is open Tuesday to Sunday. There is a £15 charge per person to use the spa facilities Fri – Sun. Spa usage and treatments should be booked prior to arrival to ensure availability. The Tower Brasserie and Tea Room serves afternoon teas and British classics using seasonal, locally sourced produce. Guests may also sample one of the hotel's fine wines from their extensive range. Stable Spa has a selection of relaxing treatments. The experience of the Thermal Spa can be followed by unwinding in the post-treatment 4 Senses Loungers, the first of their kind in a UK hotel spa. The Harte & Garter Hotel is conveniently located for Windsor's shops and restaurants. The River Thames is just a 5-minute walk away.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Air conditioning in rooms , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room , 24 Hour Room Service , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Jacuzzi , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
75% would recommend it to a friend
A viewtiful stay the windsor in your hair. Fit for a king but with a queensize bed
We had a lovely stay in the hotel, the staff were lovely, but they were a bit short staffed which meant a bit of confusing waiting on arrival, like the Flintstones beginning sequence.
Once it was sorted though you couldn't fault them very friendly and helpful. We opted for a room with the castle view and would highly recommend it. I always say, it's better to be in the shit building looking onto the best one, rather than the other way around. Saying that, the Harte & Garter is very good looking too, it's just not a castle. Nice breakfast, more nice staff. I'd go there again. So should you (maybe for the first time). Go to Windsor Great Park, there is a really big Cheese Plant there that you can walk inside. Also we loved the tiny pastries. If this was a film we'd give it 5 starts, but because this is a hotel instead of a film, we didn't. The spa is nice too, they have strawberries and ice and vibrating beds.
Great location but with some drawbacks
As mentioned in the title, the location is great - the hotel faces Windsor Castle.
But as the hotel has no parking, you need to plan ahead and figure out where you are going to park and the cost of parking in Windsor is very high. There are a couple of town centre car parks and if you are up for a 10min walk there are cheaper ones to choose from. The hotel room was of a decent enough size for two adults and a small child, but it lacked any aircon and it got uncomfortably warm, the hotel night staff seemed to be unaware of the lack of aircon in out room and insisted that all i had to do was adjust the settings on the box to cool the room down. Eventually we were provided with a fan which just about did the trick. The staff at reception were friendly though. For the price the hotel was good, just make sure your room has aircon!