- Very Good
- 7 guest reviews
"Excellent quality hotel, but would advise could be worth spending the extra to have a bigger room as ours was rather little. Staff and break..."
"We found the ensuite very small and difficult to move round with out banging our self. Also we where on the 3rd floor up a steep stairs .Whe..."
"Food great, staff very polite and went out of their way to be helpful. The hotel was really clean and well decorated and equipped. If I was..."
"We throughly enjoyed our stay at the Dunstane Hotel where we experienced friendly and efficient service in this comfortable hotel. We also t..."
"very enjoyable stay. exceptional food in the restaurant. lovely room-molton brown products were a nice touch. excellent customer service..."
About the hotel
The Dunstane Hotel is one of Edinburgh’s best loved of boutique Scottish hotels. It is renowned for great Scottish hospitality, beautiful historic buildings and stunning décor with the most delightful Scottish features and it’s impressive, and very popular, Orcadian restaurant, the Skerries restaurant. The Dunstane offers two luxury townhouses located opposite each other, with check-in being situated in the main building which sits on 4 West Coates.
The hotel is family owned by the Mowat’s from the Scottish Island of Orkney, ensuring you enjoy the best of Scottish welcomes and experiences on your Edinburgh break. Both are decorated to 4 star luxury Edinburgh hotel accommodation standard. Our 38 bedrooms are all individually designed and still retaining many original features and Free Private Parking & Free Wi-Fi is also an added bonus. Our friendly and professional staff is here to ensure you have a memorable stay with us here at The Dunstane.
Showing Sunday 29 March 2015 to Monday 30 March 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available
- Ground floor bedrooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 25/02/2015 to 31/12/2016 - PLEASE NOTE: Our bedrooms are located over two properties opposite, If you have a preference please note this on booking and we will do our best to accommodate. Check in is at 4 West Coates on arrival The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
57% would recommend it to a friend
Really nice hotel although room a little small
Excellent quality hotel, but would advise could be worth spending the extra to have a bigger room as ours was rather little.
Staff and breakfast were brilliant
Bad value for money, very overrated.
This hotel is far from the city center.
It takes 30 minutes or more to get to the old town by foot. It will take you half the time by bus. Dunstane House is very beautiful from the outside and is quite nice inside too. The staff is extremely helpful although there is no room service whatsoever, which I found abnormal for the rate we paid. The breakfast is really shameful. It costs between 10 and 13 pounds for some toasts and all the rest is packaged or canned (cheese, cereal, etc.). The bed isn't compfortable enough. There aren't any restaurants next to the hotel. This place doesn't have any "extras" like video rent, roomservice, massage, terrasse, fitness etc. Although it is a beautiful hotel, I wouldn't recommend it because you leave with a feeling of having spend way too much for a lovely but empty box...