- Very Good
- 39 guest reviews
"Basic room, clean and bright for a one night stay. Breakfast was lovely..."
"We chose this as it was half way on our journey to Scotland and we weren't disappointed. The staff at this hotel should be rewarded for thei..."
"I would happily stay here any time..."
"Had a lovely stay at Parkhead. Me and my boyfriend stayed here due to a wedding we had locally. Very quiet clean room. Staff were very frien..."
"comfortable bed, friendly staff..."
About the hotel
The Park Head Country Hotel and Restaurant is situated in the heart of County Durham and offers a warm friendly welcome at our family owned and run hotel. Our hotel has 32 well-appointed spacious bedrooms, mainly located in a traditional courtyard setting all en-suite and equipped with Freeview TV and radio channels providing high levels of comfort for both business and leisure guests. Free wireless Internet is available in our warm relaxing bar area.
Every Sunday we offer the biggest and best carvery in the county with a choice of four joints of the finest English meat, all sourced within the local area and all complemented by a wide range of locally sourced vegetables and our legendary Yorkshire puddings - the perfect accompaniment to the traditional English Sunday roast. Relax and unwind in our beer garden whilst the children enjoy the free children’s play area. Our large car park is free, secure, well lit and covered by CCTV.
Showing Friday 28 August 2015 to Saturday 29 August 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Smoking allowed in public areas
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Children's Facilities - Indoor, Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Wedding Licence, Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
85% would recommend it to a friend
Parkhead Country Hotel & Restaurant
Basic room, clean and bright for a one night stay.
Breakfast was lovely
On entering our room we were disappointed to see how dowdy it was, with plain walls, plain dovet cover , red carpet and yellow curtains.
It all seemed slightly grubby, as did the rest of the hotel which would benefit from a modern upgrade. When we went to bed, we suddenly realised that we couldn't sleep due to the horrendous noise from the heating system. It was like sleeping in a plant room. We decided to turn off the radiator in our room and in the ensuite , which did help a bit but it was still noisey and now cold as well. Breakfast was quite good and possibly the only saving grace, but it couldn't make up for the poor accommodation . When we checked out , we were thanked for handing back the key, but at no point were we asked if we had had a good stay.
We would definitely not stay at the Park Head Hotel again or at least until it had a major refurb and new heating system.