- 19 guest reviews
"Right , let's be honest , you are checking these reviews because this is one of the cheapest rooms in town . There's a little negativity ove..."
"The hotel is very central to the area. There's a council car park nearby which is locked during the night and costs only £3 for 24 hours. Th..."
"Had a lovely stay bed was so comfy didn't want it get out!! Lovely fluffy towels provided will definitely stay again. Staff were lovely and..."
"Good location; friendly helpful service..."
"I only stayed for a night, and I didn't try the food, but Castle was a great value, well kept, tidy and clean hotel. Perfect for a stopover..."
About the hotel
The Castle Hotel is a family owned and run 3 star hotel, based in the heart of Merthyr Tydfil, only a half hour drive to the centre of Cardiff (Capital of Wales). Only a short walk from the high street, bus and railway stations, our forty-five room hotel is ideally situated to cater to all your needs, whether business or pleasure. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require further information regarding the accommodation, facilities or services we have available.
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Lift to all floors
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
58% would recommend it to a friend
Castle Hotel - experience
Please do not book.The hotel reception put me on the top floor with no heating.
It was so cold, I wore my outdoor clothes whilst in bed. The WiFi did not work. The hotel itself needs to be brought into this century, the decor was old and shabby. No car park so I had to pay to park on the multi storey then walk in the dark
I would not stay there again even if it was free.
Terrible never staying again
Well where do I start.
It's said on website and in the room trouser press and hairdryer none of these things were in the room. The welcome pack was a piece of paper which I'm guessing it should have been more. Bed very uncomfortable. Noise outside.