- Very Good
- 56 guest reviews
"Excellent service booking me in within minutes of my arrival. Had booked online so only needed one signature and my car registration. Room w..."
"Very good experience. Location is very good and friendly service from staff. Would stay again...."
"Reasonable value for the room in need of a makeover starting to look a little tired Food was less than average but the pub was very busy so..."
"Excellent value for money. Relaxed and friendly. Right next to grand union canal so good base for walking the tow path...."
About the hotel
The Heart of England is a converted 18th Century Farmhouse which now operates as a Pub/ Restaurant and 13 bedroom hotel. The rooms have been fully refurbished to a high standard under the Marston’s Inns brand in Spring 2008 and offer guests free wi-fi, luxurious bedding, flatscreen digital TVs and tea and coffee making facilities. We offer all our guests a complimentary breakfast from our continental buffet and range of cooked option.
The hotel is ideally located just a couple of miles from the M1 and 6 miles from Northampton. It also offers easy access to Milton Keynes and Coventry, being situated between the two and can easily reach the A5, A45 and M40. The pub forms an integral part of the hotel experience, and the menu offers a selection of pub classics and a broad range of constantly changing specials to tempt you, with the fantastic all day offer of 2 main meals for the price of 1. You can compliment your meal with a drink from our well stocked bar, which offers a choice of specially selected wines as well as continental beers and cask ales.
Showing Sunday 29 November 2015 to Monday 30 November 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Secretary Service
- Restaurant , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 12/09/2012 to 30/09/2020 - Please be advised that your Credit/Debit card details are taken JUST to secure your booking, all payments must be made at point of check out. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
82% would recommend it to a friend
A lovely hotel in the country
Excellent service booking me in within minutes of my arrival.
Had booked online so only needed one signature and my car registration. Room was well equipped, clean, and the radiator had it warm in no time. No traffic noise so slept very well. Breakfast had lots of choice, served quickly, and was delicious.
Arriving at the front door I realised that I had never seen so many cigarette butts lying outside a hotel door and it took the bar/reception staff far too long to notice that we were waiting to be seen to as they were too busy hiding in the back room.
We had also booked a double room only to be told that we were to be given a twin room.
The room did have a nice historic English feel with bare wood trusses, but that was overshadowed by stained floors, yellow stained pillow cases, a mouldy shower, poor bathroom layout, no bathroom ventilation, cobwebs everywhere and light fittings that were hanging off the wall.
Breakfast was okay but they didn't tell us that it was only served until 9am and even then they had run out of half the items.