- Very Good
- 39 guest reviews
"We have a nice time at the Swan. The room was very spacious , nicely decorated and very clean. It would be helpful if, when you seen the bar..."
"We thoroughly enjoyed our three days with you at the Swan. It provided an excellent base from which to visit the many interesting sights. Th..."
"We have stayed at The Swan a few times and once again received a warm welcome. The staff are always helpful and friendly and are a credit to..."
"As always (we have stayed several times before), the staff in all areas were very welcoming and helpful. The champagne and roses I had pre-b..."
"Elegant hotel on the square, lounge and dining room overlooking shops and gentle activity. Garden rooms overlooked by the lighthouse and are..."
About the hotel
The Swan Hotel has occupied its present site since the 14th century. Nowadays the public rooms have the traditional character of an English country house, enhanced by fine furniture, carved 18th century doorframes and mantelpieces, prints, paintings and photographs connected with the history of Southwold. The refined yet relaxed environment and friendly staff guarantees a most comfortable stay.
Many of the 25 bedrooms in the Main Hotel offer a glimpse of the sea, whilst the 17 Lighthouse Rooms are clustered around the old bowling green. There is a liklihood that your room assignment will be in the garden annexe. The elegant Drawing Room is perfect for quiet relaxation the Reading Room and Southwold Room are also ideal for private functions. The menu in the Dining Room, created from local produce and organic ingredients, offers dishes ranging from simple, delicious fare through the English classics to the chef's personal specialities. An exciting selection of Adnams' wines from all over the world is offered.
Showing Sunday 30 August 2015 to Monday 31 August 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Bar
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
95% would recommend it to a friend
We have a nice time at the Swan.
The room was very spacious , nicely decorated and very clean. It would be helpful if, when you seen the bar menu , it state that the food should be ordered at the bar.
Three Relaxing Days in a Very Attractive Location
We thoroughly enjoyed our three days with you at the Swan.
It provided an excellent base from which to visit the many interesting sights. The only negative point was the very slow (although charming) service in the dining room. This was in stark contrast to our one dinner at The Crown.