- Very Good
- 18 guest reviews
"We really enjoyed our stay. The staff were very welcoming and friendly and the atmosphere was very relaxed. We will definitely stay at The S..."
"Lovely hotel in the centre of Southwold. Minutes walk from everything. Delightful breakfasts and friendly breakfast staff. Room was dated bu..."
"We had a great time. We forgot our toothbrushes and the night porter sorted that out with a smile. Our room was exceptional...."
"Thoroughly enjoyed our overnight stay, the room was lovely with a view over the street towards the sea. The bed was very comfortable and the..."
About the hotel
The Swan Hotel has occupied its present site since the 14th century. Nowadays the public rooms have the traditional character of an English country house, enhanced by fine furniture, carved 18th century doorframes and mantelpieces, prints, paintings and photographs connected with the history of Southwold. The refined yet relaxed environment and friendly staff guarantees a most comfortable stay.
Many of the 25 bedrooms in the Main Hotel offer a glimpse of the sea, whilst the 17 Lighthouse Rooms are clustered around the old bowling green. There is a liklihood that your room assignment will be in the garden annexe. The elegant Drawing Room is perfect for quiet relaxation the Reading Room and Southwold Room are also ideal for private functions. The menu in the Dining Room, created from local produce and organic ingredients, offers dishes ranging from simple, delicious fare through the English classics to the chef's personal specialities. An exciting selection of Adnams' wines from all over the world is offered.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
89% would recommend it to a friend
We really enjoyed our stay.
The staff were very welcoming and friendly and the atmosphere was very relaxed. We will definitely stay at The Swan again.