- Very Good
- 23 guest reviews
"We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Friendly staff, nice room, great facilities the thermal spa is very nice. It's the second time we'..."
"We booked for our 30 Wedding Anniversary and we were upgraded to the MB suite for an additional charge, sorry to say it "wasn't worth the mo..."
"Lovely hotel in a lovely part of the world, great service along with great lake views at breakfast...."
"- excellent front of house service - fantastic accommodation - excellent spa facilities - delicious food - relaxed atmosphere - highly re..."
"Stayed here for 2 nights and made use of the spa facilities. It's one of the beat hotels in the lakes I have stayed at and great value for m..."
About the hotel
Welcome to the Daffodil Hotel & Spa, by the shores of Grasmere water. . Combining stylish contemporary interiors inside, with stunning natural beauty outside, The Daffodil presents a concept brand new to The Lake District.
When you check into a luxury bedroom at The Daffodil, your experience of Lake District accommodation with a difference really begins… Beautifully appointed by Interior Designer Paul Sawford, each room features bespoke carpets and indulgent colours. Stunning bathrooms complete with Molton Brown toiletries for all, huge beds made up with crisp white cotton and a multimedia panel for the technology savvy, brings the very best in contemporary comfort to the heart of the countryside. Guests staying at The Daffodil can also indulge in the hotel’s luxury spa complete with a 10m thermal pool, steam room, sauna and tepidarium. A unique concept in Cumbria, the Spa at The Daffodil combined with top European skincare house Germaine de Capuccini offers a complete escape from reality. Dining is a stylish and contemporary affair, with a tempting modern menu and stunning lake views as far as the eye can see. Led by our Executive Chef, Graham Harrower, and creative Kitchen Team, The Daffodil offers a dining experience not to be missed. Our menus feature some of the county’s finest local produce to bring you dishes of the highest quality, many being traditional classics presented with a modern twist. The dining room enjoys a lake view, as does the Sitting Room where afternoon tea is served and in the warmer weather – enjoy the beautiful views from our outdoor Terrace. Located in the heart of The Lake District and just a short walk into Grasmere village, the hotel is ideally situated on the A591 as you enter Grasmere which allows easy access to the popular Lake District towns of Keswick 13 miles to the north and Ambleside 4 miles to the south. Your ultimate escape awaits…
Showing Saturday 28 November 2015 to Sunday 29 November 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
78% would recommend it to a friend
Our stay at the Daffofil
We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel.
Friendly staff, nice room, great facilities the thermal spa is very nice. It's the second time we've stayed and will definitely go back.
Moulton Brown Suite
We booked for our 30 Wedding Anniversary and we were upgraded to the MB suite for an additional charge, sorry to say it "wasn't worth the money", the staff were excellent, facilities were excellent, although disappointed with the "buffet style" breakfast for the amount they charged.
I know you expect to get 'ripped off' in the Lakes but almost £14.00 each for a breakfast you serve yourself; get real. Disappointed, unlikely to visit again.