- 1 guest reviews
"A very friendly and helpful staff made our short stay a very pleasant one. A charming Georgian building in a pretty garden with plenty of gu..."
About the hotel
An intimate luxury country house hotel set on the North Cornish Coast in the village of Mithian, with close links to St Agnes, Truro and Perranporth. With seasonal outdoor pool, an AA rosette for its restaurant and free Wi-Fi. Offering the perfect escape for a romantic getaway due to its peaceful and tranquil location.
This hotel is exclusive for adults with no children under 12 years accepted. There is a great team of local long standing staff who provide a professional and friendly service, with somebody always on hand to help you plan a trip or to share their local knowledge of the area. The hotel pride themselves on offering a relaxing and comfortable atmosphere, tasteful décor, friendly service and a sincere welcome. There is a choice of 18 bedrooms and suites, all tastefully appointed and equipped to high standards. All are fitted with individually controlled central heating, television, radio, hairdryer, beverage tray and en-suite bathroom as a minimum. For the less able, there are 3 ground floor rooms with level access to the gardens, the pool and restaurant. The Rose Suite, designed for the romantic at heart or just for self indulgence offers a queen sized four-posted bed, separate sitting room, spa bath, walk in shower and some special touches. The Valley Restaurant boasts sweeping bay windows that overlook rose beds and lawns to the wooded slopes beyond. The house has a genuine sense of country charm that is readily apparent in the huge open fire that greets restaurant visitors and residents alike during the winter months. A new menu is created every day to take advantage of the wonderful local produce, a selection of four starters, five main courses and seven desserts are offered, in addition to this in the summer months there are special dishes available such as freshly caught mussels, crab and lobster. As everything is prepared in house most diets can be catered for. This is different to many wedding venues in that it still feels like a home. Enjoying an idyllic setting beautifully surrounded by its own secluded 10 acres of established gardens and woodlands. It is the perfect backdrop for the most romantic of occasions. Alternatively whether you are planning a small working dinner, a day or half-day meeting or an overnight conference, the hotel offers a business service which caters for your requirements. You might think you are in a different country, so varied is the landscape and rich in traditions and the heritage which nurture a strong cultural identity. The environment has to be the main attraction; any journey off the beaten track will reveal the secrets of Cornwall. Walking is a fascination here at any time of the year, a rich kaleidoscope of flora and fauna can be observed along footpaths, tracks and lanes. The hotel offers a number of walks which begin and end at the hotel, ensuring that you see the very best of the local countryside and coastline. With Riding, fishing, swimming, surfing and water sports; gliding and scenic flights; museums, exhibitions, theatres, art galleries and first class tourist attractions. Spring, summer, autumn or winter its all here waiting for you to discover.
Showing Monday 5 October 2015 to Tuesday 6 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar
- Outdoor Pool , Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Pets Allowed
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Charming Country Hotel
A very friendly and helpful staff made our short stay a very pleasant one.
A charming Georgian building in a pretty garden with plenty of guest parking. The Reception area is on the small side, but the welcome is warm and pleasant. We found our room well appointed, clean and tastefully furnished. One minor annoyance was the lack of a shelf or suitable area to put toiletries in the bathroom, we made do with the edge of the sink or bath. The staff in the dining room were attentive without being intrusive, the food was tasty, very well prepared and presented.