- 28 guest reviews
"No hot water in shower..."
"At arrival we found dirty towels in the shower and no towels in the bathroom. I think that one person on service is not enough for buffet br..."
"stayed two nights check in no problems the accommodation was fine and breakfast adequate. Only one disappointment could not get a drink afte..."
"On first sight the elms is an impressive place and hopes are high. It's a shame that feeling wears off so quickly, inside is tired and the r..."
"The staff here were most welcoming and attentive - we could not fault them at all. The main area can best be described as a pub/restaurant..."
About the hotel
Set in the historic Nottinghamshire market town of Retford, The Elms Hotel is a grand, former Georgian residence dating back to 1792. Grade II Listed and featuring attractive landscaped gardens, the hotel sits on the old Great North Road between York and London. Its location makes it an ideal stopover hotel for business travelers and for those booking a last-minute trip to visit the many attractions in the area.
There are 15 en-suite rooms at The Elms, each with flat-screen TVs and unlimited free Wi-Fi and convenient access to a friendly Fayre & Square family pub restaurant. The Hotel is easy to find, sitting on the A638 just a 10 minute drive from the the A1 or a pleasant 15 minute walk from Retford Train Station. Retford itself is ideally located too, with Robin Hood Airport, and the towns and cities of North Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and South Yorkshire all within easy reach.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- 14:00 22:00
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
46% would recommend it to a friend
Only 1 problem
No hot water in shower
Elms Inn by Good Night Inns
I paid £52.99 for one evening so wasn't expecting the Ritz.
Stayed in room 20 in the stable building next door. Every time someone went in or out of the main door it banged and also rattled my room door. Room was rather tired but clean enough. Room was cold with no heating adjustment. Shower would only produce cold water.