- Very Good
- 69 guest reviews
"Had peaceful stay in one of the cottages across from blacksmith visitors centre. Which added too the experience. A home from home...."
"Booked as a surprise Valentine surprise for my wife. Arrived earlier than advertised check-in time but this wasn't a problem. Receptionist,..."
"I stayed at the hotel this week while attending a funeral and I have to say from check in to check out it was first class. The bar man was o..."
"Great hotel and beautiful rooms..."
"We have stayed at Smiths hotel on a number of occasions before as we got married at the Blacksmith's shop, and we regularly return and enjoy..."
About the hotel
The new, exciting Smiths at Gretna Green embraces both tradition and modern day comfort with inspirational design set against a historical backdrop. Guests can enjoy a blend of professional, relaxed hospitality along with first class facilities. Smiths at Gretna Green is the most hip and contemporary hotel for miles with luxurious bedrooms that have been designed to offer guests not just a bedroom but a spacious living environment complete with modern facilities such as flatscreen TVs, DVD players and broadband internet access.
For the ultimate in luxury you may want to opt for one of the stunning Suites or the Penthouse Apartment. Gretna Green is just 10 minutes north of Carlisle. Located right next to the World Famous Old Blacksmith's Shop, you too can become part of an unbroken thread of romantic history spanning over 250 years. Explore the surrounding area and local attractions or relax and be pampered from head to toe in the Hair, Beauty and Relaxation areas and 'Chill-Out Zone'. Spend your evening in the cosmopolitan bar for a pre-dinner drink before enjoying the delicious cuisine in the relaxed brasserie restaurant. A member of Classic British Hotels.
Showing Thursday 5 May 2016 to Friday 6 May 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence , Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Satellite TV , Games Console , Video/DVD Library , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
93% would recommend it to a friend
Smiths at Gretna Green Hotel
Had peaceful stay in one of the cottages across from blacksmith visitors centre.
Which added too the experience. A home from home.
So pleased I booked it.
Booked as a surprise Valentine surprise for my wife.
Arrived earlier than advertised check-in time but this wasn't a problem. Receptionist, Duncan, was extremely helpful and treated us as though we were very special. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was very good size, although only slightly less than 100% perfect due to uneven carpet and a few bathroom tiles with black marks. I only mention this to explain why top marks haven't been given but in no way did it spoil or affect our stay. Slightly disappointed that the full a la carte menu wasn't available in the restaurant but the Valentines meal was excellent, good food, good value and good service. All in all a great place to stay and will definitely return.