- 33 guest reviews
"Lovely rooms, friendly staff, great breakfast...."
"It was a delight to revisit this Inn after 40 years. Good to see it maintains the excellent standard it always had...."
"Great room, great food, great location, no problems at all...."
"My husband and I stayed here for our wedding anniversary. We picked it because it was close to my son and daughter in law, reasonably priced..."
"I have stayed here a number of times and will continue to...."
About the hotel
If you are looking for some nostalgic serenity away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, the Carpenter's Arms is the perfect revitalizing retreat. , ideally positioned for either exploring the beautiful surrounding Chew Valley and yet within easy driving distance of both Bath and Bristol. There is a traditional bar, and on colder days, the cosy log fire warms you up a treat.
If the weather is kinder, the landscaped patio is the ultimate spot for either a leisurely drink or al fresco dining. The Carpenter's Arms boasts two dining areas, serving a tempting menu of irresistible starters, mains and puddings. The chef's menu is changed regularly to ensure the best local produce is only used in season and there are always imaginative vegetarian dishes available, as well as a light lunch menu, daily specials and a children's menu - something to suit every palate! En-suite accommodation is available at the Inn with 12 gorgeous bedrooms. They are all recently refurbished in a stunning contemporary style and have enviable facilities as standard, including king size beds with duck down duvets and pillows, flat screen Freeview televisions, broadband wi fi and tea and coffee making facilities. After a good night's sleep, the perfect start to the day is the delicious full english breakfast and a hot pot of tea or coffee! Finally, there's a lot to explore in the surrounding countryside; the tranquil Chew Valley is criss crossed by public footpaths and the famous Chew Valley and Blagdon Lakes are close by. Bath and Bristol are easily reached by car and both have new shopping centres, theatres and historic places of interest for those seeking fashionable urban stimulation alongside the joys of taking it easy at this memorable rural retreat.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
97% would recommend it to a friend
Lovely rooms, friendly staff, great breakfast.
Excellent in all respects
It was a delight to revisit this Inn after 40 years.
Good to see it maintains the excellent standard it always had.