- Very Good
- 30 guest reviews
"In general, a nice place to stay. However, we expected a larger and better quality room for the price we paid. Unfortunately, we had a room..."
"We stayed with our two children and had a fabulous break. The hotel facilities, especially the leisure centre / spa, are great for adults an..."
"Locket room great service and fantastic breakfast very accommodating even though I turned up 10 mins before it closed..."
"Great base to explore the New Forest, Portsmouth and surrounding areas. Kids eat free!..."
"I travel a lot for work so have lots of experience of places calling themselves a spa hotel where you get a tiny lukewarm pool and ropey jac..."
About the hotel
You will find this luxurious hotel with spa a haven of peace and quiet, a perfect place to forget the pressures of every day life and indulge in some rest and relaxation. The hotel provides a range of guest rooms including family rooms (some with bunk beds), four posters, suites and adapted rooms. Whichever room type you choose you'll find lots of thoughtful touches - like complimentary mineral water, fresh ground coffee and a great tea selection, free WiFi internet access and a complimentary newspaper.
You'll receive complimentary membership of the Spa during your stay, giving you access to a range of spa facilities. Take a pulse-pumping workout using the the latest exercise equipment in the well-equipped gym or take part in one of the spa's many activity classes. If endorphin rushes aren’t for you, retreat to the whirlpool and steam room, take a relaxing swim in the 13m deck level swimming pool and supercharge your senses with a range of spa treatments. Solent Hotel use spa products for both men and women from the internationally acclaimed ESPA range - including natural oils, revitalising seaweeds and marine algae. Rejuvenate and renew with a therapeutic facial or cocoon yourself in a tranquil body wrap. Whatever the season, taste the very best of the Solent at the Terrace Restaurant Bar & Grill. With fabulous daily menus that showcase the region’s excellent produce, dine indoors or al fresco (during the summer months) for breakfast, lunch and evening dinner. For guests staying at the hotel for leisure breaks there is no shortage of places to visit. The New Forest, Beaulieu, Portsmouth's Naval heritage and the Isle of Wight are some of our favourites. For business guests, The Solent Hotel has 19 meeting rooms and is well-equipped to host your training course or sales conference - whatever the size. If you need to be on the south coast for business, you will find the location just off the M27 makes getting about very easy - Portsmouth, Southampton, Basingstoke, Winchester and the M3 are all within easy striking distance. And the fast train service from London means it is just over an hour away too! The Solent Hotel & Spa is part of the Shire Hotel Group, winners of the AA Hotel Group of the year 2003-04 and the RAC Hotel Group of the Year 2004-05.
Showing Friday 29 May 2015 to Saturday 30 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Aerobics Studio, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Solarium, Jacuzzi, Tennis Courts
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Satellite TV, Video/DVD Library, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 14/02/2015 to 01/01/2016 - Please be aware the Restaurant is shut for table bookings on the 14th February; 24th-26th December and 31st December. Please contact the hotel for alternate options for dining. The LateRooms.com rates for Solent Hotel & Spa - Shire Hotels in Fareham are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
90% would recommend it to a friend
Pleasant, but overpriced for the room we had
In general, a nice place to stay.
However, we expected a larger and better quality room for the price we paid. Unfortunately, we had a room that was adjoined to another (we presume the adjoining door was locked!) and therefore the walls were very thin and we could hear almost every word of our neighbour's conversations. More unfortunately for them, they probably heard our noisy baby. The room and bathroom were also a just a bit basic for the price we paid. However, the bed was comfortable, breakfast very good and staff all very pleasant and helpful. We enjoyed the pool and found it very child friendly, though it was often busy - quite a small pool for the size of the hotel.
Lovely hotel and very friendly and helpful staff
We stayed with our two children and had a fabulous break.
The hotel facilities, especially the leisure centre / spa, are great for adults and kids. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful and even transferred us to a bigger room at no extra charge. We will definitely be staying at this hotel again.