- Very Good
- 59 guest reviews
"Nicest hotel room I have ever stayed in, quiet, secluded and lovely views...."
"Adequate for price paid...."
"Friendly staff. Good food and a nice place to stay. Only negative was very small TV with a horrible tinny sound such that I thought it was..."
"Very helpful and friendly staff breakfast excellent..."
"Greeted by Sarah at the door who couldn't do enough to make our stay comfortable. Superb attitude and approach to customers. Professional an..."
About the hotel
Horton Grange Country House Hotel and Restaurant is situated on the Blagdon Estate about three miles east of Ponteland, surrounded by tree-lined grounds. Visitors are immediately captivated by the distinctive mix of traditional and contemporary. Real fires, fresh flowers and antique furnishings blend with the conservatory dining room to create a relaxed atmosphere.
Sympathetic decor and furnishings complement the traditional character of both the cosy bar and the light airy restaurant, overlooking the Japanese Garden. Just 4 miles from Newcastle airport the hotel is ideal for a stop over and 3 minutes off the A1M the hotel is also well located for the business traveller as well as those looking for a relaxing break in the country but only 15 minutes from central Newcastle and the shopping to be had at the Metro Centre. Five of the bedrooms are located in the main house with the other four having been tastefully created in the stables opposite the main entrance to the hotel. All bedrooms are beautifully decorated rooms with classical antique furnishings throughout. Rooms include a colour T. V. and large en-suite bathroom and many overlook the gardens. The Alnwick bedroom is a spacious room with classical antique furnishings throughout, situated at the rear of the hotel overlooking the Japanese garden. The restaurant is a light and airy modern room overlooking the garden. The restaurant is well known for its fine cuisine and excellent menu. Only a visit will allow anyone to truly appreciate the food and drink on offer. Chef, using the very best fresh local produce, presides over an imaginative "modern classic" menu with a range of exciting dishes to suit all tastes. Enjoy the relaxing ambience of the bar with an extensive range of wines. The bar always has a warm, friendly atmosphere which is emphasised by the large open fire place. You will certainly appreciate the modern feel to the room, especially the large 42" plasma screen which hangs above the fireplace often displaying a virtual open log fire - filling the room with a warm and satisfying glow. The large bay windows look over the gardens which are fantastic to view by day or night.
Showing Wednesday 6 May 2015 to Thursday 7 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Business Centre, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled toilets on ground floor
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
Great value for money
Nicest hotel room I have ever stayed in, quiet, secluded and lovely views.
Horton Grange Hotel
Adequate for price paid.