- Very Good
- 61 guest reviews
"this was a very pleasant hotel, with friendly staff and free WiFi! the rooms were comfortable and kitted out the shower was excellent, altho..."
"We only stayed one night, but it is perfect for families of 5 with 3 full size single beds and a huge double, breakfast was excellent and th..."
"We stayed in Room 12. Bathroom had no towel rails, floor was extremely slippery and only towels for 1 person and no bath mat although this w..."
"Loved everything about our stay, friendly helpful staff, made us feel very welcome. Clean and cozy, our room was perfect, nicely decorated w..."
"A nice enough hotel, but some stains on the bedding. Shower curtain very stained, missing towel rail. Been filled in where it fell off. But..."
About the hotel
Set on the outskirts of the cathedral city of Exeter, the Gipsy Hill Hotel is a 19th century country house set in 3 acres of its own beautiful landscaped gardens. From the moment you arrive you can be sure that our friendly, welcoming staff will make your stay as comfortable as possible
We are ideally located, being only 1 mile from J29 of the M5, 3 miles from Exeter International Airport and 3 miles from Exeter City Centre. Also within easy reach are the stunning Dartmoor National Park, Crealy Adventure Park and also the south Devon coast with some of the best beaches and walks in Britain.
We offer free hi-speed wireless broadband throughout the hotel's public areas and bedrooms. Ample free parking available. Alongside the spacious & recently refurbished bar and lounge area is the popular Lawns Restaurant which serves quality food with friendly service.
Breakfast is included in All Room Rates.
- Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 17 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
74% would recommend it to a friend
pleasant hotel in lovely grounds
this was a very pleasant hotel, with friendly staff and free WiFi.
the rooms were comfortable and kitted out
the shower was excellent, although the head holder (and the towel rail) were a little loose
dinner was good, but not great - quality ok, presentation ok, a little "standard hotel" for m e, maybe I didn't make the best choice
breakfast ok overall, buffet style, nice choice of teas and fruit - sausages excellent, fried egg tray was empty when I went up, but filled quite quickly, good choice of mushrooms, tomatoes and black pudding - the bacon was weakest part, dried up and overdone
Gipsy Hill Hotel
When we arrived we had a friendly greeting and the main hotel looked nice and was warm.
Unfortunately we stayed in a bungalow outside in the car park, our room was no. 21. The room was very cold when we arrived and had quite large patches of damp. If it was earlier in the day I would have liked to have been moved but we were so tired from travelling that we just went to bed. This isn’t somewhere I would ever recommend but perhaps if you get a decent room in the actual hotel you’ve booked you might have more luck.