- Very Good
- 16 guest reviews
"Very comfy room, quiet at night, helpful friendly staff, nice breakfast and lovely garden...."
"Booked as an overnight stay to provide access to the local area at a modest cost ...so didn't have high expectations. However, it was a very..."
"The room was large clean and the bed comfortable. Hotel staff were polite and helpful and both the evening meal and breakfast were very good..."
"Friendly and clean with good breakfast however a little dated and in need of renovation..."
"Nice hotel with friendly staff...."
About the hotel
The hotel was originally a Manor house which was converted around 60 years ago. We have a large conservatory restaurant, comfortable bar & lounge area and a patio area with a large traditional English Garden, For the business travellers we also have meeting rooms availble to hire. All our bedrooms are a good size with en-suite and all have tea & coffee making facilities & tv's.
We have a large FREE car park and FREE WI FI is available. The Restaurant serves good home cooked food and our bar has fine wines and beers at competitive prices,please note that the Bar and Restaurant are closed on Sunday evenings . Situated 10 minutes from the Newmarket Racecourses, we frequently host corporate events offering the perfect solution to your accommodation and restaurant needs. Race days are exceedingly popular, we therefore recommend that you book well in advance. Our latest check-in time is 10pm, We do not accept check-ins after this time unless by prior arrangement.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite , Airport Shuttle
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
Very comfy room, quiet at night, helpful friendly staff, nice breakfast and lovely garden.
A hidden gem
Booked as an overnight stay to provide access to the local area at a modest cost ...so didn't have high expectations.
However, it was a very pleasant surprise to find food and accommodation to a high standard with extremely friendly staff. It is an old building so expect high ceilings with creaky floorboards and a modest en suite. However the rooms were large and the over-bath shower was good. Dinner was excellent and very good value. Breakfast was self service cereals and cooked to order hot food. Again, all very good. Although just off the main A14, it was quiet with a lovely garden. I should mention that the restaurant is a large conservatory and looks over the garden. All very pleasant. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel.