- Very Good
- 19 guest reviews
"We have stayed at the Morritt many times before and know the area very well. The welcome was warm and helpful (cases being carried up ). Roo..."
"Staff really friendly, food was different but nice. Room was in the annex and was lovely but you could here neighbour going to toilet every..."
"Lovely staff. Had a brilliant meal and an all out great time...."
"Throughout our stay at this beautiful old characterful hotel which is in a lovely setting, staff were only too happy to help and to ask if e..."
"We stayed at the morritt in Barnard Castle for my daughters wedding there and could not rate the whole experience enough. From the organisat..."
About the hotel
The Morritt is a Grade II listed 17th Century, country house hotel with traditional values and warm, attentive staff. Ideally located just off the A66 Transpennine Route (9 miles west of Scotch Corner), set in the tranquille hamlet of Greta Bridge. 27 en-suite bedrooms (21 in the main building, 6 located in the hotel grounds) all with free wi-fi, hospitality trays, direct dial telephone and colour television with freeview.
Our contemporary restaurant (Gilroy's) has an excellent reputation for food as well as an award-winning wine list (over 100 bins to choose from!) and our traditional Dickens bar serves hand-pulled ales (Timothy Taylor's Landlord, BlackSheep Ale and Seasonal Guest Beers). Beautifully landscaped gardens make a wonderful setting for warmer days and for those cooler months we have roaring log fires. Ideal for both business and leisure we offer conference rooms with natural daylight as well as private dining by arrangement. There are beautiful walks on the doorstep (ask at Reception for details), and the Tees Valley and Yorkshire Dales are all but a stones throw away.
Showing Saturday 28 March 2015 to Sunday 29 March 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Children's Facilities - Outdoor, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Meeting Facilities, In-room Modem Hook up, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for The Morritt in Barnard Castle are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
79% would recommend it to a friend
The Morritt 2015 style
We have stayed at the Morritt many times before and know the area very well.
The welcome was warm and helpful (cases being carried up ). Room we have stayed in before with views over 2 aspects. Comfortable and warm. Informal dinner in the Dickins bar as cosy as ever. Always a new guest ale 2 try and if you don't fancy it the default is always Timothy Taylor. Food good. Breakfast excellent; unhurried; excellent smoked Haddock with prefect poached eggs (so easy yet so hard !) as was the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. If you have not stayed here before don't be put off by the proximity to the A66 or by the weddings that may be going on around you .. there are plenty of lounges to escape to.
Staff really friendly, food was different but nice.
Room was in the annex and was lovely but you could here neighbour going to toilet every half hour (must have had a good drink) ha. Next time we go we will probably go in bistro for food. X