- 19 guest reviews
"We had a lovely stay at Briery Wood, Windermere. We received a very warm welcome from the lady on reception, She was very friendly and helpf..."
"A lovely hotel stayed in room 21 to the side of the hotel very large bed. Spacious room, tea & coffee, furniture was a bit dated but very c..."
"Lovely place to stay with welcoming staff . Finding the hotel was a bit hard as the post code takes you to wrong location. The bed provided..."
"Thoroughly enjoyed our stay..."
"good location only about 1 and half mile walk to amble nice hotel friendly staff and hotel grounds very nice..."
About the hotel
Located within the heart of the English Lake District, Briery Wood Country House Hotel offers the ideal location to explore this area of Cumbria's National Park. It is the perfect place to simply relax and enjoy a country house atmosphere with all the comforts of home, while surrounded by dramatic landscape of lakes, fells, valleys and coastline. Situated on the A591 between Windermere and Ambleside, the hotel sits near the East shores of Lake Windermere, Britain’s largest inland body of water, and is set in 7 acres of secluded gardens and woodland.
The hotel offers comfortable accommodation and provides dinner, bed and breakfast, serving good food and has a fully licenced bar. The hotel is also licensed to hold civil wedding ceremonies and receptions, and has conference facilities, and is also open during the Christmas and New Year holidays. The location of the hotel provides easy access to the charming villages of Bowness, Windermere and Ambleside, all of which have an excellent selection of places to eat. Briery Wood often has late availability with special deals and midweek breaks throughout the year.
Showing Saturday 28 November 2015 to Sunday 29 November 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
95% would recommend it to a friend
Superb September stay
We had a lovely stay at Briery Wood, Windermere.
We received a very warm welcome from the lady on reception, She was very friendly and helpful. We had a beautiful room which was very clean. We enjoyed a hearty breakfast which was delicious. We stayed in for the evening meal and the young girls working behind the bar and in the restaurant were superb. However, we were disappointed with the evening meal as we did not get served until 1 hour after it was booked and I thought it was very expensive for what we had.
Stop over at Briery Wood
A lovely hotel stayed in room 21 to the side of the hotel very large bed.
Spacious room, tea & coffee,
furniture was a bit dated but very clean & tidy. Some of the carpets around the hotel were a little worn.
But the discounted price was brilliant!!