- Very Good
- 92 guest reviews
"For a business trip I needed a room for a night. I was a little worried that the room was above the hotel bar, but it was pretty quiet, and..."
"My partner and I stayed at the hotel for two nights in a superior room and it was absolutely lovely! The king size bed was very comfortable..."
"The bed room and bath room were a good size and the bed was a king size which was great for an economy romm. Definitely better than the norm..."
"I needed to find a hotel in the Jesmond area at short notice and felt I had chosen really well. One of the best things was the generous room..."
"We were really happy with our room - it was really pleasant and comfortable. The entrance area is very stylish, comfortable and welcoming an..."
About the hotel
Situated in the young and vibrant cafe society of Jesmond, less than a mile from Newcastle City Centre and within walking distance from it's colourful nightlife. Ideally located for sightseeing, shopping, business or pleasure, our hotel offers unique, comfortable bedrooms to relax in. Our team at New Northumbria pride themselves in outstanding customer service, ensuring all clients and guests enjoy a seamless and personal experience.
We offer standard rooms, superior rooms and suites, all of which are en-suite and equipped with TV, tea and coffee facilities, hair dryer, ironing centre, bespoke toiletries and much more. Extra beds are available in superior rooms at an extra charge. We accept pets, an additional charge will be incurred. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel. Conference/function room is available on site. Scalini’s Restaurant offers Mediterranean style cuisine with a predominant Italian influence. One of the busiest and most popular restaurants in Newcastle, so pre-booking is advisable. It has a heated outdoor patio seating area with parasols, large and small private party areas and TV for sporting events. Open 7 days a week from 12 noon, it is children friendly with kids menus and activities. Osborne's Bar is the premium bar in the centre of the Jesmond nightlife. It is the “in place” attracting both young and old, students and professionals from Jesmond and wider Newcastle. This vibrant bar sells only premium spirits, with an extensive range of draught and bottled beers, real ales, cocktails and a wide selection of wines sold by the bottle or the glass. With its heated outdoor terraces, Osborne’s Bar attracts those wishing to experience that continental atmosphere and simply enjoy being at the heart of Newcastle’s “cafe society”. The Kitchen @ Osborne's serves hearty, rustic food at a great price from 8am until 9pm, alongside the best coffee in town to sit and enjoy or take away! A wide range of world beers and locally produced cask ales are also on offer. Friendly staff and comfortable seating all make for a great place to relax. PLEASE NOTE - Any bookings of 5 rooms or more are classed as a group and are subject to different terms and conditions. The hotel will contact the guest upon booking to outline these terms.
Showing Saturday 4 July 2015 to Sunday 5 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 28/04/2011 to 26/05/2016 - PLEASE NOTE - Any bookings of 5 rooms or more are classed as a group and are subject to different terms and conditions. The hotel will contact the guest upon booking to outline these terms. The LateRooms.com rates for New Northumbria Hotel in Newcastle Upon Tyne are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
87% would recommend it to a friend
Cheap for 2 nights but tired looking furnishings
Cheap, basic accommodation.
Ok if you're not looking for luxury but noisy rooms on front of building and kept awake all night by neighbouring rooms TV blaring all night. Very misleading info when booking also we thought we were getting breakfast included in price as it stated it was but when we were halfway through our breakfast we were told it wasn't. Subsequently charged £5 each for a very small bowl of fruit (this was the "continental" ) and £5 each for mediocre breakfast. £20 is steep for 2 breakfasts in a 3 (hardly!) star hotel. Not impressed. Glasses at breakfast were all sticky around the rim on the too.
Very pleasant stay, great room and breakfast
For a business trip I needed a room for a night.
I was a little worried that the room was above the hotel bar, but it was pretty quiet, and I slept well. The room was very well appointed (I'd been upgraded) and the breakfast was excellent. All staff very friendly too.