- 32 guest reviews
"After booking our room the hotel e mailed us to say it was likely to be noisy and gave us an opportunity to cancel, we went ahead, yes it ce..."
"We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, the staff were tremendously friendly! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is staying in th..."
"Well situated in the older part of Basingstoke and convenient for local bars and restaurant plus 2 minute walk to Festival Place for more ea..."
"lovely room great service reception staff fantastic everything you need is local fantastic stay everything is local shops etc being a town c..."
"Convenient stopping point, helpful and friendly staff, room okay with comfy bed, free parking on site a plus too. Hotel has bar and restaura..."
About the hotel
The Red Lion Hotel is a refurbished historic coaching inn with the comforts of a modern hotel. The only town centre hotel in Basingstoke, the hotel faces the old, traffic-free restaurant area of the town and the Festival Place shopping centre is metres away with Basingstokes restaurants, bars and theatres also very close. The M3 motorway is within easy reach and trains run regularly from Basingstoke to Reading, London and Heathrow airport.
The hotel is walking distance to the Train and Bus Stations and Business Parks. The Red Lion Hotel has free on site parking and free Wi Fi. Of particulate note is the relaxed cafe bar and restaurant with a part covered court yard leading to the old traffic free part of Basingstoke. Breakfast can be added for £7. 00 PP for any room type after clicking BOOK NOW.
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 24/12/2014 to 31/12/2016 - Full English breakfast is available at the special reduced rate of £7pp The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
75% would recommend it to a friend
Overnight Saturday stay
After booking our room the hotel e mailed us to say it was likely to be noisy and gave us an opportunity to cancel, we went ahead, yes it certainly was noisy and kept us awake, but we had been warned.
The room was fine, though paintwork and tiles in bathroom where dirty which we reported,and the showere could do with updating. We would not stay again due to lack of sleep from noise, we were using as stop gap from Gatwick to Cornwall it was however easy to find and had free parking.
tired smelly hotel
Reception staff lovely but hotel smelt old and mouldy, very tired decor