- Very Good
- 42 guest reviews
"I stay here once or twice a year while visiting the nearby hot air balloon factory so have got to know Lion's Quay quite well. I now gather..."
"Lovely buildings and a good location. A bit noisy because of the A5. The spa is excellent and the rooms are comfortable; however, the food i..."
"Accommodation is in a lovely location. It was clean will excellent facilities. Had a meal at the riverside restaurant (dinner) which we were..."
"Lovely hotel and scenery. Rooms a little too warm but with balcony doors open ok provided people aren't outside...."
"Nice location, lovely food, lovely service...."
About the hotel
Lion Quays Waterside Hotel and Resort is an independently owned hotel, offering thoughtfully designed bedrooms and extensive on-site facilities to suit couples, families and business travellers. The 4 star hotel offers free WiFi in all public areas as well as in the bedrooms. There are twin, double, family rooms and the suite with crisp linen, LCD TV, power showers, complimentary toilets and rooms with views over the local countryside and Llangollen canal, some also have their own balcony.
Guests have a choice of restaurants on site; from a family-friendly traditional waterside restaurant offering a-la-cart dining, to a more intimate and contemporary dining experience at Nico’s Brasserie. Both restaurants offer a delicious range of British and European dishes and have outdoor areas to enjoy al-fresco dining. Guests enjoy complimentary access to our country club facilities including, 25m swimming pool with poolside steam room, sauna and Jacuzzi and 75 station Technogym. Lockers and towels are provided during your stay. Lion Quays Spa has a thermal suite with hydrotherapy pool, steam room, sauna, experience showers and the UKs first snow cave. Guests enjoy discounted Thermal Suite rates. Full menu of treatments are also available, pre-booking is advised to avoid disappointment.
- Disabled Facilities , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Interconnecting rooms available , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Aerobics Studio , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Solarium , Jacuzzi , Bowls , Tennis Courts , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Foreign (Other) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
79% would recommend it to a friend
Great refurb & much better food
I stay here once or twice a year while visiting the nearby hot air balloon factory so have got to know Lion's Quay quite well.
I now gather it's been taken over since my last trip in February & you can see the difference. All the rooms are being refurbed & I was in a new one - the bathroom now minus a bath but with a large walk-in shower instead - plus redecorated & new linens. All very smart & extremely comfortable. I didn't feel up to a full restaurant experience so was very pleased to find a good separate bar/terrace menu with lighter dishes which I enjoyed sitting out next to the canal on a warm sunny evening. The staff all seemed more helpful & smiley which akways helps, rather than the grumpy types...So all in all, new changes all good so far!
Nice hotel on Llangollen Canal
Lovely buildings and a good location.
A bit noisy because of the A5. The spa is excellent and the rooms are comfortable; however, the food is a bit 'hit & miss.'