- Very Good
- 3 guest reviews
"The hotel is central and in its own grounds with lovely views from many of the rooms over the Lakeland fells. The staff are very friendly. T..."
"Accomadation advertised as luxury, in reality fairly basic. Hot tub unavailable as water just changed. On that basis would have much preffer..."
About the hotel
Set in 3 acres of mature gardens, Dale Lodge Hotel is a period property with traditional charm. Located in the heart of the Lake District, it features a popular restaurant, bar and modern bedrooms. Each of the individually designed rooms has an en suite bathroom, and features a flat-screen TV, tea and coffee facilities and luxury bathrobes.
Some rooms have garden views. Hotel Dale Lodge is a refurbished Georgian building with original features, located in the peaceful village of Grasmere. Free parking is available on site, and free Wi-Fi is also accessible throughout the hotel. The Lodge Restaurant serves locally sourced dishes by candlelight. Tweedies Bar features a wood-burner, and offers a selection of British Ales. Guests are also welcome to explore the extensive hotel gardens. Dale Lodge is situated just 4 miles from Ambleside town centre and 20 minutes from Windermere. The hotel offers a central and scenic location, with walking and hiking routes available just outside.
- Disabled Facilities , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room , Limited Hours Room Service , Wake Up Call Available , Pets Allowed , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- [Channels] News
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
67% would recommend it to a friend
Great location and charming hotel
The hotel is central and in its own grounds with lovely views from many of the rooms over the Lakeland fells.
The staff are very friendly. There is a beautiful hallway and lounge where you can sit reading with interest guest books from the past - the Chinese Ambassador to Greece stayed at the Dale Lodge in the 1920s!. But so have thankful others like my Wife and I as this is a charming place to stay. The breakfast is substantial and again the owner and other staff very welcoming. The bedrooms are clean and well equipped and very comfortable. We loved the place and had turned after a break from staying of a few years - we weren't disappointed and will return...
in my view this hotel needs some updating.
Disappointed with our room. Quite dark and dingy. When we returned at 11.30 after attending wedding, there was no one on the reception area and anyone could have taken the room keys.