- 31 guest reviews
"Good selection of food at breakfast, although plates were not hot. Also, there was a distinct lack of staff on duty because as guests came d..."
"Considering I booked the hotel that morning, we were incredibly impressed with how lovely the hotel was! It's set in quite a rural location..."
"This is my sixth week working in Swindon and I am not exaggerating when I say that Swindon is a roundabout theme park with more cars than sh..."
"Excellent service very friendly staff. Facilities were amazing. The Christmas tree in foyer is not quite in the right place though...."
About the hotel
Set in 20 acres of landscaped grounds, Alexandra House has all the latest facilities for business travellers to stay overnight and a great value venue for couples and families staying to visit friends or the local area at the weekend. Located on the outskits of Swindon in the village of Wroughton, access is easy from either junction 15 or 16 of the M4 (just 5 miles away) and a mere 4 miles from the centre of Swindon. Use Alexandra House as a base to explore the local attractions or local events, including Swindon Designer Shopping Outlet, Stonehenge, Longleat and Newbury Racecourse.
Convenient for visiting Cheltenham, Bath and the Cotswolds, there's an array of things to keep you amused close by. At the end of a busy day the outstanding health and leisure club, including indoor swimming pool, gym, all-weather tennis court, sauna and steam room is a welcome sight.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Aerobics Studio , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Jacuzzi , Tennis Courts
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , Games Console , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
97% would recommend it to a friend
This was a lovely hotel with the added attraction of pool, sauna, gym and steamroom.
Good selection of food at breakfast, although plates were not hot.
Also, there was a distinct lack of staff on duty because as guests came down they were struggling to clear tables, seat people, which left people lining up at the door, plus it took a while for tea and coffee to be served.
Last minute stay
Considering I booked the hotel that morning, we were incredibly impressed with how lovely the hotel was.
It's set in quite a rural location which was perfect for our morning run. Really impressed and I would happily stay there again.