- 9 guest reviews
"Everything about the stay was enjoyable. Very friendly and efficient staff. Room very private - just as we like it. Breakfast in the conserv..."
"Have stayed here several times across the last twenty years and each visit has been as good as the previous. The approach and quality of ser..."
"Stayed here on business for 4 nights, and was made welcome from the first moment I stepped through the door. The staff are a credit to Headl..."
"This is the 3rd time I have stayed at Headlam Hall, the staff are amazing and so helpfull, as for the food I have to say this was definately..."
"Thoroughly enjoyed our stay! The food is to die for... Shame that the spa treatment rooms were fully booked...I know to book well in advance..."
About the hotel
Headlam Hall Hotel Spa & Golf Course is set within 4 acres of beautiful gardens surrounded by its own rolling estate in the Teesdale countryside. This 17th century manor house combines historical charm with modern and stylish facilities to provide a luxurious and relaxing environment for its guests. There are 40 en-suite rooms with a delightful blend of style and character – located in either the Main Hall, the Coach House, the Spa or the ground floor Mews.
The individually designed bedrooms are all beautifully appointed with a very high standard of decor. Main Hall rooms are of a traditional style befitting of a Jacobean country hotel, with period piece furnishings, the Coach House rooms are contemporary cottage style rooms with soft country colours and handmade wooden furniture and the Spa rooms have a more modern design but still reflecting the rural setting with muted colours, contemporary oak furniture and original landscape artwork. The 2 AA rosette restaurant serves modern British cuisine with an emphasis on local produce including that from the Hall’s gardens and farm. Guests can enjoy dining in either the intimate Panel Room or the tranquil and stylish Orangery where service is professional yet relaxed and friendly. Headlam Hall has restoration work taking place in the main hall between 11th January and 5th February 2016 which will affect the public areas of the hotel. However, the bedrooms in the newly refurbished Coach House, the Mews and the Spa will remain available to guests throughout. Guests will be able to relax during this time in our lovely Stable Lounge and dine in the splendour of the Coach House suite and its stunning ballroom. During this period, we think it is only right to reduce rates to guests staying at Headlam Hall, and therefore all our best available rates have been reduced by 25%. After 5th February, the main Hall public areas will re-open and we hope you will like the restoration that has taken place. First floor bedrooms in the main hall will be re-opened for stays approximately two weeks later.
Showing Wednesday 10 February 2016 to Thursday 11 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Golf 9 Hole , Aerobics Studio , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Jacuzzi , Pitch n' Putt , Mountain Bike Hire , Croquet , Tennis Courts , Snooker/Billiards , Fishing
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Music , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- Pets are allowed
100% would recommend it to a friend
Excellent stay - have booked to stay again
Everything about the stay was enjoyable.
Very friendly and efficient staff. Room very private - just as we like it. Breakfast in the conservatory was first class - would highly recommend the salmon with scrambled eggs. Definately worth a visit.
Have stayed here several times across the last twenty years and each visit has been as good as the previous.
The approach and quality of service befits the status as a true character country hotel and would recommend to anyone looking for this type of hotel in a peaceful setting.